In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Both stoves again...

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by KaptJaq, Dec 24, 2013.

  1. KaptJaq

    KaptJaq

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2013
    Messages:
    721
    Likes Received:
    3,567
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    We had both stoves going for a while, lows in the teens and highs below freezing. Then we hit 64° the other day and both stoves went cold. Got up this morning to 54°. By noon it was 35°. Tonight's lows will be in the teens again and tomorrow will not get out of the 20s with northwest winds.

    Lit the upstairs stove mid-day and just re-fired the downstairs stove. Need the house warm and comfortable for the kids in the morning.

    Happy Holidays everybody,
    KaptJaq
     
    fox9988 and bogydave like this.
  2. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Yes sir a true wood hoarder can't have a cold house on Christmas. It just wouldn't be proper etiquette.
     
    fox9988 likes this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Be a great weather report

    "I't a 2 stove night" :thumbs:


    Having a" 2 stove night"
    here.
    -14°.
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    BBar could start a new band called "3 Stove Night".:thumbs:
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,189
    Location:
    Central MI
    Hang on Kapt. Next week you may be loading those stoves to the hilt!
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  6. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    I feel you multi-stove loading pain, Jaq.
     
    NortheastAl and papadave like this.
  7. KaptJaq

    KaptJaq

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2013
    Messages:
    721
    Likes Received:
    3,567
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    It is a little more work but so much easier to keep the house evenly heated. I'd rather have two stove running low to medium than one pushing its high limits. When I get lazy or it is going to be a long deep cold spell I use coal in the downstairs stove. With coal I only have to tend it once a day.

    KaptJaq
     
  8. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Coal? Well, that's nearly cheating!:)
     
    NortheastAl and papadave like this.
  9. Machria

    Machria

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,430
    Likes Received:
    5,003
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Still fairly warm out, when the cold coming?
     
  10. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Saw p coal on sale at TSC. First time I had seen coal for sale around here in years. I have a ceramic clad wood/coal stove sitting in the garage with no proper way to vent it.