I can tell you from experience that the wrist ones are notoriously inaccurate. Often off by 10 points or more. I have both. For my money, a really good one is the Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Cuff that fits Standard and Large Arms (BP786/BP786N) with Bluetooth Smart Connectivity. I can send results to my printer. I can take a print out with me when I visit the doctor. It has a rigid cuff that easily goes around your arm and secures with Velcro. Easy to operated one handed. The wrist one I have is the Easy@Home Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor (BP Monitor) with Pulse Meter and Backlit Large Display, EBP-017 This one is also easy to operate, but results should only be considered ball park range. In the end, I would say the human ear with a stethoscope is the most accurate.
We got one of the wrist ones for home. It is an OMRON model HEM650N. The new automated arm ones they have in the doctors office are very painful for my wife, so they even us the wrist one at the clinic. We have checked the accuracy of ours to the ones at the clinic and they are very close.
Thanks Eric, one of the sclero side effects is vasculitis, painful for me to hang my hand down, so the cuffs hurt me too. My first thought was to go for one like savemoney , but to be honest I will use the wrist version more often. Decisions...
Not the correct positioning of your hand while taking a BP. While seated in a chair, rest your arm up on a table like this: with the arm model, and this with the wrist model
The wrist model we use has us putting our arm across our chest, close to the heart. Hand does not go down at all.
I've used the arm one and the wrist one... But really like the wrist one as I've got "big" arms and I just cant seem to get a good fit on my arm. The current one i've got is the Omron and it wont start unless it likes your wrist position to your heart...
I'm surprised, the Omron units have been all over on Black Friday-Christmas sales for several years, I have only seen one alert this year. Well, either way many of them cost a lot less than they used to.