In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Blood has been shed

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by mike bayerl, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I was wondering the same too....:eek::rofl: :lol:

2. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

3. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

Whew! glad I wasn't the only one.lol

I'll share a story too, couple years ago I had a nice buck walking right at me, he was coming to my grunt calls. I let him get about 70 yards before I shot, but I could see a huge bulge under his head on his neck. when he got to where I shot him he stopped and just looked and I got a good look at the huge bulge. I thought that's gonna be nasty when I clean him. started to let him walk and thought well he ain't never going to get better and he was a nice buck, so I shot him. I never found a bullet but when I hung him up to skin it was horrible.

When I pulled the neck skin down at least a half gallon of really thick green pus came out and it stunk severely. A gut shot one smells good compared to this one. I didn't keep much of the neck area cause it was so bad. my guess is someone stuck him with an arrow or shot him. the projectile was probably still in his neck but I wasn't digging to find it. the smell was bad. I was tryin not to puke anyway.lol

This stuff was so thick I had to get a shovel and get it up from our skinning pole and carry in the woods. it had our whole skinning area stunk up. The deer had to be in misery.

TurboDiesel and Chvymn99 like this.
  4. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

I shot a decent buck thats on my wall a few years ago that had a .22 in its jaw.. same, the puss that came out was just flat out horrific smelling. Literally as we caped it, we ran away and even at 50’ we were gagging. His face looked like he had a big mouth full of chewing tobacco, it was that swollen.

*edited to add the photo, found it on phone. Look at his lower jaw... im happy there as we just recovered it out in a huge CRP field thats right across from my house... but 30min later i was gagging and not smiling anymore hahahaha

Attached Files:

stihl sawing, Chvymn99 and Chaz like this.
  5. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

I didn't think much of it. I run with farmers... Every day is deer season...

6. Thor

Thor

Seems lately every morning on my way to work is deer season. Got keep my eyeballs peeled. On the 3rd I had a close call. I know nothing of hunting deer, but they look young.

stihl sawing and Chvymn99 like this.
  7. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Hitting a 25lb deer with an arrow when its running around playing with its sibbling is way more difficult, especially with all of those white bullseyes to confuse you... then trying to hit a 200lber :)

stihl sawing likes this.