In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Blizzard Snow Clean Up Pics... everybody

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Jan 28, 2015.

1. billb3

billb3

I used to shovel my 300 foot mostly single lane gravel driveway by hand. ( barefoot, uphill both ways )
    I inherited dad's snowblower and his 300 foot , one half double wide asphalt driveway when he passed. For nine years I always dragged out the extension cord and always used the electric start. This year in November or so I greased up the zerks and such getting ready for snow and for the heck of it since it was warm tried the hand start. damm if this thing doesn't start on the first pull. Even when it is 0ºF . Who knew ?
    I've used the JD2520 bucket to plow with too but I'm pretty good at ripping up the lawn so I use that where drifts and street plow pile up making the snowblower tough.
    I have the snowblower feet on high for the gravel/stone parts of the driveways and use the bucket on the tractor to clean up the last two inches on the asphalt.
    Tractor is nice for cleaning the sidewalk of street plow push at the fire hydrant.

Well Seasoned likes this.