In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Blaze King failed to keep up,

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Dec 24, 2013.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Wrong Weather forecast said to be 2° for last night
    It was -12°f this morning. House 69°.
    Stove on high cranking out to get the house back into the 70s.

    OOPS, wife found the thermostat, furnace is on now, house will be 72° soon.
    Needs to be warm to bake pies for Christmas diner. OK by me :)

    Wind to pick up to 10 this afternoon, -10°, chill factor will be -28°f

    Forecast for -8° tonight, wonder if that means -20° ?

    10° for high on Christmas. Cold but white :)
     
    Chvymn99 and raybonz like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    We lost our white, am fine with it too. Our little cold snap will take us the the mid teens tonight, that's it. Stove is keeping us a comfy 72 right now. Christmas cooking and baking finished, I'm enjoying the fruits as I type :)
     
    Chvymn99 and raybonz like this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    -8° now , say high of 6° for today, ? ?

    forecast.
    tday wtr.jpg
     
  4. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    Dave where do you set the draft and blower for overnight max heating and is it the same setting as you run in the morning to catch up from a bad forecast?
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    2.1 stat, med blower
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I like to bake some bread or cookies to warm up the kitchen.
    I'd be ecstatic if the house was 69 in the morning. I disappeared the thermostat.......and killed the power and gas to the wall furnace.
    Still have the DV heater though.