In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Billboard Tarp

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ohio dave, Dec 4, 2019.

1. creek chub

creek chub

I played the tarp war for a couple years and gave up. There’s a construction supply company near my house and they throw away oil-impregnated forms used for concrete foundations. They are about 3’ x 8’. I ties them to the stacks with mason string. They are free and work great. I snag them when are available which is rare. My wood stack inventory is outgrowing my supply of boards to cover them (good problem). I have enough to cover about a year’s worth of wood. I am considering buying scrap conveyor belts next

metalcuttr, Chaz, Midwinter and 3 others like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I did that at one point too...still have some. I really don't like it, its sooo heavy/bulky/hard to handle...and the worst part is, after all that, the wind will still blow it off sometimes, even with concrete blocks sitting on it...and then you are back to dealing with the heavy/bulky/hard to handle again. The belt that I got is 3/8" thick or a bit more...thinner lighter stuff would be better IMO

metalcuttr, Chaz, Midwinter and 4 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

They sound expensive. Better to put money into something more solid. One can move solid things much easier than things you have to fold or roll up.

metalcuttr, brenndatomu, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  4. jo191145

jo191145

FWIW I’m using EPDM rubber roofing. 5’x20’ pieces. It’s pretty easy to handle one person. Roll it up on a piece of PVC pipe. I have a 1 3/4” aluminum pipe I use. Easy to roll up, easy to roll out, easy to move around.

Horkn, metalcuttr, yooperdave and 2 others like this.