In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bike

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Woodsnwoods, Jan 3, 2020.

1. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

While working at the bike shop, the owner took in a bike to sell (for a friend so he didn’t buy it). This particular bike, a Ducati 1199S, has 195hp with a dry weight of about 365 pounds. He let me take it for a “test ride”. Never rode a Z1 but I can attest to the fact that today’s bikes are incredibly powerful, fast and handle and stop amazingly well. I flogged that sob and it was similar to what you see on Star Wars and Star Trek. Warp speed with everything in your peripheral vision blurred. They are what we call torture racks though. Great at speed but if you’re just cruising around, terribly uncomfortable.
    1A1800AB-F959-4144-ACBB-4A3456485021.jpeg
    Top speed is listed as 181. I know I didn’t get there but I blew past 1 fiddy like it was nothing. They say 0-60 in 2.6sec. Keeping the front wheel down in 1&2 is an exercise in right wrist discipline.

Fishnuts2 and eatonpcat like this.