In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Big Timber

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by SKEETER McCLUSKEY, Jan 18, 2022.

  1. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
    Anybody watchin??
     
    JimBear and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  2. tree killer

    tree killer

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2015
    Messages:
    2,463
    Likes Received:
    16,916
    Location:
    Central me
    Saw it, last years evidently. Don’t spend too much time watching tv at night.
     
  3. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    I just saw the ad for it on Netflix, I'll give it a check later this evening.
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    What network has that on?
     
    Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Netflix
     
    T.Jeff Veal and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  6. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,085
    Likes Received:
    42,816
    Location:
    NJ
    Is it real or drama filled?
     
    T.Jeff Veal, yooperdave and Ronaldo like this.
  7. JimBear

    JimBear

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2020
    Messages:
    3,608
    Likes Received:
    22,215
    Location:
    Iowa
    It wasn’t over the top with drama. Just the drama of making ends meets with existing & new business ventures. Kind of a cross between logging & Alaska the Last Frontier or at least I think that’s the name of the show. Maybe 3/4 -1/4 split.
     
    jrider likes this.
  8. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I've watched 2. It's not too bad yet w/ planned drama. Yet. I hope they show more milling action.
     
    yooperdave likes this.
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,318
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    We watched two episodes the other day. It is not as bad a gold rush but you sure can tell that it must be produced from the same template. :whistle:

    Will we watch any more? :cool: Maybe.

    As others have stated, milling part was the most interesting for us.

    Gotta give the workers credit though. Sure am glad I never had to do anything like that! :handshake:
     
  10. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Watched some more and definitely see planned drama. It's not hateful though. For instance, when the boss brought in the more experienced logger to get wood to the landing. He makes out like it's his "right hand man's" last chance before firing him. :picard: I'll keep watching though.
     
    yooperdave likes this.
  11. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    It’s watchable but nothing great so far. I like the son being their mechanic, looks like they raised him well. I’ll watch some more. I do like the sawmill action.
     
  12. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,849
    Likes Received:
    121,339
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Finished watching all the episodes. Pretty cool seeing the sights and watching them fall big wood. Sure did look like they had a LOT of sticks to haul down the mountain.
     
  13. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,079
    Likes Received:
    17,004
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    We watched the entire season. Not a bad show. Some cool footage of the logging area and their milling operation. And yes, certainly some planted drama; the new hook tender and the bridge being “suddenly shut down”. I’d be more interested in them just filing what happens vs. trying to create some manufactured excitement.
     
    Softwood, Ronaldo and JimBear like this.