In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Beginning bundler

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Sandhillbilly, Jan 22, 2024.

1. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

I sell white pine (only in the summer) in IBC totes filled halfway. Campers are the customers. It's cheaper and dryer than what the campgrounds sell and, unless they want to cook with it, makes for a really nice fire.

2. Hickock56

Hickock56

I'll probably give the softwood in the bundles a good shot next year around the lake. I'm in a similar situation with the local full time supplier putting out what most would consider lower quality bundles, but they're the only local company that produces them. Everything else is shipped in from out of state. I'm hoping I can produce a better product with enough supply to take a portion of that market. They're large enough to have a full time operation, and way more resources than have at the moment; trying to play my cards right.

3. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

That sounds like a good strategy. Some of what I sell can't be bought anywhere else locally. Even the bundles and small stacks of mixed hardwoods are good quality. I have no problem selling every split I produce.

brenndatomu likes this.