In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Battle of the firewoods- American Beech vs Black Birch

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by sirbuildalot, Oct 6, 2020.

?

American Beech vs Black Birch

Poll closed Oct 13, 2020.
  1. American Beech

61.3%
  2. Black Birch

38.7%
  1. LordOfTheFlies

LordOfTheFlies

I just scrounged a couple of pieces of beech from the local dump.......and holy moly when I tried to split the cutoffs that were like 2" thick I had to swing with all my might. Maybe it's been sitting there a little while, but it didn't look like it. It was very, very tough to split the cutoffs! I've yet to split a round so I will update when I do. The black birch that I got smelled just like root beer to me. I loved it but that was also super impossible to split with the x27. I had to resort to using the splitter.......I was thinking that I would have to use the splitter on the beech as well. Have only burnt a tiny bit of black birch in the firepit, just throwaway pieces....... Smelled nice though.

2020-10-06 11.51.28.jpg 2020-10-06 11.51.38.jpg

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I would agree with that...

3. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Just a friendly reminder. Voting in this first battle ends tomorrow morning. If you haven’t voted and want to yas best hurry!!!

4. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

We have our first semi-finalist. American Beech will be headed to the next round!!!

Thanks to all who voted

:salute:

NortheastAl and brenndatomu like this.