In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bar Oil Shortage?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jun 21, 2020.

1. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Xtreme has winter weight also.

2. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

I was at Rural King Saturday and they showed Cam 2 b&c oil for $5.79 but when I got there it was sold out. They had the Etreme winter and Stihl (winter and summer) stihl was $13.
    Thats $11 per gallon cheaper my local Stihlership!

mat60, buZZsaw BRAD, dahmer and 4 others like this.
  3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

TSC has bar oil on sale here for 2/$12... Didn't any come in on the truck today, so rain checked my 6 gallons, should be here next Friday

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Almost out of the gallon i picked up at HD last time. Stopped at TSC and none there...again!

5. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

If
    If it is on sale, get them to rain check you several gallons, it will be special ordered and sent to your store.

6. jrider

jrider

I’m down to 2 gallons and looked in TSC the other day to find none.

7. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Haven't looked at TSC lately as I still have around 5 gallons from stocking up last year.

8. jrider

jrider

Hit up tractor supply while in NH yesterday and same story as gone in NJ...none to be had

T.Jeff Veal and farmer steve like this.
  9. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I’m surprised you don’t buy it in 55 gallon drums

10. JimBear

JimBear

Bar oil @ the local MFA in MO was $6.18 gallon or $289 for a 55 gallon drum during their oil sale last month. At the Iowa MFA I was at, gallons were $7.22 because of local taxes. The MO facility said they would have another oil sale in October. I will be hopping the border if I need more.
    Bucky’s Best is the brand name

0E6BBBCB-77EF-4375-9ABF-1D3ECACABFFA.jpeg

11. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

Ive been following this thread for a while now, long enough I bought four gallons of husqvarna bar oil out of fear and added it the couple gallons of stihl premium and winter weight i already had. Tsc has been out every time ive been there the last four months. However, Orschelns had an abundance of their country tuff brand on the shelf. Anyone have any experience with it? I think it was 7.99 a gallon, but not 100% sure.

12. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I’ve used the Orschelns country tuff brand, no complaints. Actually I’ve never really been able to discern much difference in any I’ve tried except the 2 gallons of Husqvarna I used. I really liked how tacky/sticky it is but at an extra $4-5 per gallon I decided I didn’t need to be so snobby
    Maybe the Poulan stuff is a little thicker too

13. JimBear

JimBear

I really liked the
    I really liked Itasca bar oil for its tackiness & it was noticeably thicker than other brands I had tried: Stihl, NAPA, FVP & some other misc. oils. It was cheaper than Stihl & about the same as NAPA @ $12 gallon but I agree not worth the extra cost, since I can get the MFA for about $6

14. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I bought one gal of Stihl to mix with the TSC brand. It was $17.17 total...:bug:

15. Hookedup24

Hookedup24

I don’t get out much these days, but I was out of bird seed and those little buggers are something to look at while chained to my desk at home. My 5 year old son and I went to Tractor Supply and found the following. There was no bar oil. There was no chainsaws. There was very little bird seed. I was also in the market for a small hose clamp, but they only had large ones. There were over 100 chicks, which surprised me. I heard there was a shortage as everyone and their mother decided they would have chickens/eggs to combat food shortages. I have a few fishing trips planned a couple hours away the next two months. Going to make a few stops along the way to build up my inventory of bar oil.

16. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I was almost out of the gallon i got at HD last time. Tractor supply out the week before. Went again to HD Sunday for more and got the last gallon they had. With the recent storm i guess it was a popular item along with chain saws.

17. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

Yesterday Bomgaars in North Platte Ne had lots of bar oil and it was even on sale. Didn’t count how much but there was plenty. Harvest king is their brand I think. I’ve got 6 full gallons and a couple open so I passed

18. JimBear

JimBear

Well, your on a firewood hoarding site: you saw bar oil & on sale to boot & didn’t purchase any. I don’t believe you didn’t buy any bar oil & are not secretly hoarding it. :whistle: I think I am sitting on 16 gallons unless my brother has pirated some for his & dads balers.

19. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

6 gallons on hand is probably 4 more than I’ve ever had at once. So I didn’t feel it necessary to grab any more. Heck, I wouldn’t have those 6 ifn it wasn’t for you guys and this thread.
    But the thought of buying all they had & then trying my hand at bootlegging it back east did cross my mind :emb:

20. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

A quick check of the TSC's in my area, shows zero availability.
    Screenshot_2020-08-21-04-57-38.png Screenshot_2020-08-21-04-57-54.png

T.Jeff Veal and farmer steve like this.