In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Back issues again

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Unicorn1, Sep 12, 2017.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I had one for prelabor, not sure how much it helped but it did give me a distraction.

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Actually I had 2 of them and donated both to the hospital.

3. clay shooter

clay shooter

my wife has had tens machines over the years,they do help for a while but dont last a life time.

Backwoods Savage and savemoney like this.
  4. HDRock

HDRock

Any more info you can provide is appreciated.

savemoney likes this.
  5. clay shooter

clay shooter

i am so lucky i dont get them at all.with all the work i do lifting heavy stuff about,

6. Flamestead

Flamestead

I damaged L5/S1 doing firewood in spring of 2016. Pain got to where I couldn't even do the desk job. Over a month of pain while wending my way through the medical community before discectomy. That stopped the pain right off. Have had numbness in my feet and one leg most of the time since then, but noticed recently it is nearly gone. Still some numbness when I do too much, but then it fades.

I can do about 70 to 80% of what I used to be able to (have a small farm, still do a lot). Two guys at work tried the manage the pain route in part because they were scared of the surgery. I've been very happy with my outcome, especially compared to theirs.

HDRock and savemoney like this.
  7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Hi guys, something is ruining my sleep more and more over the last few years. You know where your "hip bones" stick out in front (thinking its actually pelvis)? Would that be the iliac crest?
    [​IMG]

Anyway the pain that is stealing my sleep is both on the inside of where you can feel those "hip bones" and also a bit lower on the outsides, which I assume is my actual leg bone where it comes out of the hip joint.

Looking for some stretches/excersises on the internet but there is too much info out there and guess I need the correct terminology to google for it. Any help appreciated:)

PS, better posture is one my New Year's Resolutions, so I'm hoping that catches up and helps at some point (sadly I've been slumping for longer than I realized now).

Backwoods Savage and Stinny like this.
  8. justdraftn

justdraftn

Piriformis syndrome.

Yoga pigeon pose stretch.

Midwinter, brenndatomu and wildwest like this.
  9. Stinny

Stinny

What we all need H, is a gravity switch, so it can be turned off from time to time. Somebody whip that up, wouldja... ;)

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

justdraftn you are awesome! TcouBMh.jpg

Backwoods Savage, wildwest and Stinny like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

As you can tell by the picture, the iliac crest is in back, not in front. From what you describe, you may be facing a hip surgery soon.

NH mountain man and wildwest like this.
  12. blacktail

blacktail

It's called an inversion table.

13. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Blacktail beat me to it. My son in law fell out of a tree stand. Compressed some vertebrae, 2-3 years with an inversion table and he swears it helped more than anything else.

14. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I tried one for a while...couldn't take the blood rushing to my head...even just easing into it, not going too long or down too far. Sent it back from whence it came...

15. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

He took a while (I don't know how long) before he hung straight up and down. Then he still only followed the recommendations. He still uses it occasionally now when he feels a tinge in his back.

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I found one of those, less than $100 at Walmart about a year ago. WWW says its awesome temporary relief that he appreciates and he uses it atleast once per week (he was told sciatiaca). Me, well similar to you, except blood to hands hands is painful and the blood to head not comfy either, and need him to twist my pelvis anyway--easier to do on the floor (my mother had a terrible back and all of us were trained on how to adjust it at home for her).

That said there is a strap in the one I bought to control the angle which I should probably experiment with more.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  17. Stinny

Stinny

You might also try "hanging" right side up with some type of supports under your armpits, similar to the top pads on crutches. Just a thought...

18. Backwoods Savage

19. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Try looking up hip pointer injuries. Not sure if this is exactly the same but don't hurt to look.

Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks Greenstick, god knows I always need common sense suggestions :) And yes, I may have done that once or twice or a couple dozen times (exact height for kitchen table corners :picard: as well as an outdoor pool I worked at for many summers with a water slide . FUN stuff using the water slide after hours but yikes I discovered the seams between the tube segments were not level while even going down on stomach as going down on the kick board mats...... but it was just too fast and fun to use the boards)