In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Back in the woods

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodsnwoods, Jan 1, 2017.

  1. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    IMG_4129.JPG IMG_4130.JPG IMG_4131.JPG IMG_4132.JPG IMG_4138.JPG IMG_4139.JPG I have been nearly flat for two to three weeks with the flu and a massive cough. Been living through pictures and posts from the crew. Went right behind the house today and cleaned up a few small tops. Aside from feeling a little weak, the 461 felt good and the two stroke smelled great. First is hickory, second is sugar maple.
     
    Oldman47, Woodwidow, Dancan and 8 others like this.
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice work, we love Beech for firewood.

    It sounds like you had what I had, it took me over a month to feel better.
     
    Backwoods Savage, Driver and Horkn like this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    A little at a time to get your strength reserves back.
    The good feeling of cutting wood out in the fresh air is better than any "doctors orders". :yes:
     
    Driver, papadave and Horkn like this.
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Nice work Woodsnwoods !

    Yes, start with a little, and it all piles up.

    I'll get out tomorrow AM before the Badgers bowl game. I just have to get all my stuff packed in the car tonight so I can wake up, drive out, and get to work and not waste any time.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Driver like this.
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,343
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Nice.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Horkn like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    I cut some today but not as much as you did. You definitely outdid me so congratulations.
     
    Horkn likes this.