In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Asked to come back to work.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Mag Craft, May 29, 2021.

1. mat60

mat60

That is just what I was thinking working on my old truck that I bought new for around 20 grand in 1999. Cant even see getting a used one. Lol. Its nuts.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I have a 2005 and a 1981, it will be that way for as long they get me to and from. My 81 cost $3800 used in 1993(?)

3. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Ya, it's weird that Mac went that direction with the ergonomics. I grew up running 2-10 , 5-10 and 7-10 Mac's. Other than no anti vibe they were a good handling saw. Not so dissimilar to the 031 +032 Stihls.
    But those next couple generation Macs were . Well ,

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

And to this day that is why we rarely see Macs now.

5. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Ain't that the truth. McCullough and Homelite. Have a lot to do with most of us running European chainsaws today. They went the way of the big box stores. Before their were big box stores.
    There were some kinda cool Homelites. Like the EZ and the Zip. The 360 wasn't a bad saw in a way. But the 041 and the Husky 66 would outlast it. And Partner had some saws that were Really Really nice.
    Actually Partner had better saws as far as anti vibe than Husky did . imho they had less vibration than the 041s
    We have Constantly suffered from the European short bar syndrome. With the handles too close together. Handle bars should be between 16 to 18" apart. Like an adults shoulders are. !

But back to . Wait. What was I talkin about

6. Rich L

Rich L

I use to like the old McCullough Beaver for small work.

mat60 likes this.
  7. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Not all the old Macs were bad saws but there were certain models that I can live with out.
    Just like the older Poulans saws. Did you know that the Poulan 445, 475, and the 505 which are all kick but saws were actually Partner designed saws.
    So it is not always the Manufacturer of the saw but also the Model of saw. There were good and bad from all the Manufacturers at one time.
    Sachs Dolmar same thing. I have a 120 SI that is a really good runner.
    Carry on.