In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ash rake

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by swags, Nov 3, 2014.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I was very lucky and able to get the ash rake in the drawing in the spring G2G. It is a custom made ash rake from fishingpol. Man it's awesome, hand forged and really cool looking. It works great too, using on every reload. I don't know what I did without an ash rake. Just wanted to say thank you to him again for this awesome hand made tool! image.jpg
     
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I'm glad you like it Sean. It has a nice line to it.
     
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I'm not at home to photo mine right now but I'm glad someone brought this up in a new thread swags. I find the rake to be the most useful and most used hearth tool that I have, I use it on every reload and it just seems to be the 'go to' tool. Good post!
     
    papadave, swags and NYCountry like this.
  4. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Nothing but great ideas on here
     
    papadave and swags like this.