In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Are you seeing any sales at the New England Big Box Stores this Spring?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Orson_Yancey, Feb 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

All of the above... seriously
    Add increases in each one, and you get the perfect storm..
    Transportation is huge for some of our brands, as it travels over 3,000 miles..
    But everyone involved, from logger to us, has had large increases in costs.
    And for us, all of the stuff comes from Canada..

Dan

2. Tullytown

Tullytown

Think my Matras come from Canada.

CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  3. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

Home Depot, Portsmouth, NH and North Hampton, NH are advertising
    $199/ton
    $176.69/ton for a 3-ton+ bulk purchase.
    The website states No delivery is available, i.e. you must transport the pellets.
    The website is wrong. I call the Portsmouth store. They said that delivery is
    $79 for any number of tons. Time for me to place an order for 10 to 12 tons.

I surveyed the websites of a few other Home Depot Stores located in the Seacoast.
    They are all offering the same prices. Not like the Spring 2016 deals, but still
    excellent deals. Most stores have 50 to 75 ton in stock as of today.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  4. highland_hunter

highland_hunter

I've seen just to opposite, local TSC has gone up 20 cents per bag in the past month. :(

Think I need to grab another 20 bags to get me through the rest of the heating season.

5. bogieb

bogieb

Oye, if I could store that much that would be great. Delivery would have to be before March 1 as that is when streets are posted for 6 ton limit. Did they say what kind they are? When I look at the "local" HD website it shows Northeast pellets.

slvrblkk and CleanFire like this.
  6. CleanFire

CleanFire

If it's HD I'm pretty sure they are Green Supreme "Northeast" (NEWP) pellets by Lignetics, best to call the store to verify brand. ( AFAIK, that's what HD in Keene is selling. )

slvrblkk likes this.
  7. bogieb

bogieb

Concord does not always carry the same as Keene. and I've seen Nashua carry different pellets than Concord. Or at least that was trua 2 years ago when I was sorking on site so I would stop into that store at times.

CleanFire likes this.
  8. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

The employees of the Portsmouth Home Depot said Greene Supreme. I purchased 12 tons.
    This weekend, I will open up the plastic of the first pallet and I will know what variety of
    Green Supreme I received. Nature's Own and Stove Chow are no longer available.
    I will think about whether to purchase more. The delivery man said that the pellets are selling
    fast. He said that Home Depot will not need to reduce the price further to sell all inventory.

9. Warner

Warner

The ones I posed about in Leominster are northern heat. The had probly 100 pallets. Lots of busted and swollen bags.

10. Tullytown

Tullytown

Lignetics owns all the GS blends. Also took over Energex who bagged and distributed stove chows to all the home depots for many years. Would not be surprised if stove chows are one of the 7 different GS's under a different blend now. Why not right?? Product is there just put in a different bag and call it GS whatever flavor.. I would.

11. CleanFire

CleanFire

That's very true. I was at both HD locations within 2 days of each other back in late January / last month, same green pallet covering, same "GS" written on each pallet, in Black sharpie marker. Neither store was selling individual bags (at least that I could see) to verify GS blend, but I wasn't there for pellets / did not try to hunt them down. Did ask the helpful folks at each store who verified they were "Green Supreme", but not blend in the bag.

bogieb likes this.
  12. Skier76

Skier76

Local HD had a few skids of Greens left in the side lot. A few were pretty beat up. Not sure on the pricing. The side lot is now getting filled with mulch and other stuff for spring.

13. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

Hi,
    I have taken possession of 12 tons of Green Supreme Northeast Blend, Made In Canada.
    All from Home Depot, Portsmouth. No damage at all to the pallets.
    I am not sure the percentage of softwood, but probably 10% to 20%, I am guessing.
    I plan to have delivered 6 more tons when the weather improves.
    I will start burning some in the next week or so.
    I am impressed with the management of Home Depot.
    This is the best deal I have ever seen from Home Depot, since when the Blazers arrived
    in about 2015 or so.
    The pellet pig I am.

14. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Can you post a picture of the bag where it says Made in Canada? I believe the ones here do not say that. I would assume those may be the old Fireside Ultras.....maybe

Orson_Yancey, bogieb and CleanFire like this.
  15. Tullytown

Tullytown

I remember the day back then when i walked into HD and right next to the crappy Stove chows we're Blazers.... At same price!!! think 239.00
    thought it was a mistake.. my cellar was full.. 5 tons but managed to buy and squeeze about 20 bags in..
    after that never saw them again..

16. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

Hi, I have to apologize. I am probably the only person in New England who does not have a
    cell phone with a camera. On the bottom of the Green Supreme Northeast Blend, it has printed
    Product of Canada. It is printed first in French, then in English. I am hoping that these bags
    came from the former Energex mills in Quebec. I too would be curious to know if these are the same
    formula as the Nature's Own (From Canada version) and Fire Side Ultra. The Lignetics website
    states that the Green Supreme Northeast Blend comes from NY, NH, ME, and CAN.
    The Lignetics website states that these pellets are Softwood/Hardwood. I have not found out
    what percentages.

CleanFire, bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  17. bogieb

bogieb

The website must have been updated as last time I looked, they just mentioned NY and NH. Or maybe I'm remembering the bags of GS I got off CL last summer. Be nice if those are FSU's in there.

CleanFire and jtakeman like this.
  18. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

OK. I have completed my pellet pig sale buying. The final pallets were delivered today
    completing my purchase of 20 tons of Green Supreme at about $180/ton including
    shipping. The pallets wrapped in white plastic are Product of Canada, came from
    the Portsmouth Home Depot. Today, I received pallets wrapped in green plastic,
    the pallets come from the Somersworth Home Depot Store. The plastic of the pallets
    is in good condition. I will not be opening up
    a pallet of green plastic until about May, when I move more bags to indoors. At
    that time, I will confirm my suspicion that the pallets wrapped in green plastic
    are from the NH Mill. The driver told me that pallets left at the Somersworth Store
    are more and more torn-up. Seeing that heating oil is rapidly approaching $4.00/gal, I predict that
    next Fall will be a big run on wood pellets.

19. bogieb

bogieb

Bit hte bullet and ordered 6 tons from Concord HD (they have NE blend). Now just gotta get my road agent to send them the okay to deliver next Friday.

I was shocked that the delivery charge is only $79. So I still paid only $3.80/bag. I wish I could take more!

20. Orson_Yancey

Orson_Yancey

Home Depot volunteered to refund my shipping charge on the second order.
    In the unlikely event that Home Depot has inventory remaining later on in
    March and if they reduce the price to $100/ton; I will find a way to place more
    pallets in my yard. I know it is not likely to happen and I do not really expect
    Home Depot to reduce the price further. Just thinking about future 'What if"
    scenarios.

bogieb and CleanFire like this.