In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Are northern warmth supreme Douglas fir with $400 a ton?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by D-Mac0211, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

Not only do they not want to get dirty, they now want you to pay their college expenses.

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yup.....my daughter graduated from a state college Magna cum Laude with a double major in marketing and business. No job offers out of the box. She wouldn't even apply for positions she felt paid beneath her status (<$60k/yr)......why? Because educators on the high school AND college level for years brainwashed to kids to think that just going to college, for any major, was akin to punching the golden ticket. Then they graduate. And find out there arent billions of offers coming in for big money. But they still hold on to the brainwashing. Eventually she sucked it up and took a lesser paying job when the college loan people required payment. Doing OK now, but it took a bit.

3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

LOL! Exactly. All of my kids have paid off their loans from school (thank God, since I was the co-signer!)......now I ask them if they want to help pay off this poor kids Art History degree, or that kid's Russian Lit degree......oddly, they don't like the idea. Imagine not having the money to go to school, so entering the work force after high school, and having to pay off degrees of others?!

4. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Sounds so much like my oldest son.
    Except he was lucky enough to find a related job right off.
    Ended up working with NASCAR related stuff for years..
    The things he was involved with were absolutely crazy.. was very fortunate.
    Glad yours is doing well now. Nice to see them benefit from their work.

Dan

5. D-Mac0211

D-Mac0211

College professors brainwash kids like crazy and if they speak for themselves they get punished. What we need these days are trades people. I learned a trade and I still do a trade (ironworker). I do bridge construction and we are looking for dot welders bad. They need to start to realize not everyone is book and class material. I know I wasn’t.

Scot Linkletter likes this.
  6. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

They also should be taught, that if you are going to go to college,
    and go into debt to do it...
    get a degree in something that will give you better odds at a good job.
    They need to teach "life lessons" in school as well as how contemporary
    Aztec civilization differd from Eskimos in the 18th century..
    If you get a degree in art, and then beech about not getting a good job
    to pay your 80,000 student loan... well... sorry, no pity from moi..

Dan

D-Mac0211 likes this.
  7. Saph

Saph

This post helped me regarding NW pellets! But just wanted to tell ya (since I work in that field). Milk does nothing for bones. Most of the calcium in milk just passes through, they're not meant for humans. That's why they pack it with Vitamin D in order to try to increase absorption. We don't have the necessary enzymes that calves do to break it down. We actually get most of our calcium from green vegetables like Broccoli. Me and my classmates have done some 2 year old long studies to measure the absorbency and it was less than 10% of the calcium. And THEN the school principals and board members cut the project off because it wasn't sanctioned. I.E. Garelick Farms and many milk companies give big discounts/grants to schools to have their milk, so they didn't want to put those in jeopardy.

That's why here in America we drink so much milk, and they push milk so much with marketing like "Got Milk?" and yet everyone ends up with Arthritis and Osteoporosis. Milk is delicious, we make many recipes from it, and we get amazing butter from it + cheeses. It also has good proteins. But other than that health wise it's just fat floating in water.

If you google "how much of the calcium in milk do we absorb" you'll get this: "For example, dairy foods have a bioavailablity of about 30% absorption so if a food label on milk lists 300 mg of calcium per cup, about 100 mg will be absorbed and used by the body. Plant foods like leafy greens contain less calcium overall but have a higher bioavailability than dairy." So the "truth" is slowly getting out, but they're still claiming 30%. We saw differently.