In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any opinions on a Scag V ride?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Screwloose, Aug 23, 2024 at 4:50 PM.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Scags are super fast compared to others. At least on the sit down models. Stand ups may be slower, due I think obvious reasons. That price on that hustler is a good deal. But that might be non serviceable transaxles.

brenndatomu, Screwloose and Eric VW like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

Bad boy revolt SD has 2800 serviceable transaxles kawi v twin 34" is 5400. Msrp. Probably can get a better deal now at the end of season

TBH I haven't really done any research on stander models. Sit downs, sure.

brenndatomu, Screwloose and Eric VW like this.
  3. Screwloose

Screwloose

Maybe I need to look into this a bit more. I don't want to get a low quality machine and have to duck around with it down the road. What brands are worth getting? This is the last mower I'm going to ever buy sort of thing. I take over the top care of my ope. My ariens walk behind was bought in '96 and is still going strong.

brenndatomu, Eric VW and Horkn like this.
  4. Screwloose

Screwloose

Also speed is not much of a concern for me btw. I'd probably fall off, still might going slow......

5. Horkn

Horkn

All the major brands are good for the most part, it's what transaxles are in them. Hydrogear zt2800 or I have serviceable transaxles. After that look at the gauge thickness of the deck. With a stand up, they are all commercial units. Nobody makes these due residential use really. The zt1800 isn't serviceable with a filter you can replace, but it's possible it has a drain so you could drain and put in new fluid when wanted. You'd have to check. I bet they are. That zt1800 propelled says is a commercial unit. Other things are look for a welded frame, but again, seeing as stand ups are all commercial they will be. In all the sit down ztrs I've looked at, they all have welded frames, even the residential ones.

brenndatomu and Eric VW like this.
  6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yup, buy whatever you can get a good deal on that has a well designed HD deck, the engine brand/model that you like, and for Pete's sake, don't buy anything with non serviceable hydro drives! There are plenty of good choices out there...and like Hork said, its the right time of the year to get a deal on a new leftover model from springtime