In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any Musicians?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by UncleJoe, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Marshel54

Marshel54

The last I heard was the tentative date was the first weekend in Oct.
    My dear friend Walt has a GTG planned for the same weekend that I will be attending. Walt is less than a 30 minute drive from me. Dog gone. It appears that my schedule and Chordie can't meet up.
    Getting back into playing is not going near as well as I would like. More rust in the figures than a 12 year old Ohio vehicle.

UncleJoe likes this.
  2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

It's been a long road back for me as well. 20 years idle does allow the rust to sink in.

And yes. It's looking like 10-6,7,8

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

OK. It's official. The weekend of Oct. 6-7-8 with the main event on the 7th.

A weekend of amateur musicians doing what we love to do, make music. And there won't be a chainsaw to be found. :whistle: :)

If you might be interested, reply to this thread or PM me.

4. Stinny

Stinny

Thought any musicians might like this short vid. Jamie and his older brother Sean, are the Oshima Brothers. (check out their vids on YouTube) They are pretty amazing. Sean is the lyricist for the songwriting team and Jamie is... well... a singer/multi-instrument musician/producer/genius/etc... they live in Belfast Maine. Their music future looks promising...

clay shooter likes this.
  5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

It was a beautiful weekend for an outdoor gathering. Temps in the low 80's with overnight lows in the mid 60's.

I have 16 of 44 videos uploaded to YT so far. Here is a link to the playlist for anyone that may be interested.

ChordiePa 2017 - YouTube

Here is one of my partner and I doing a couple songs from the list.

clay shooter and Well Seasoned like this.
  6. Marshel54

Marshel54

Thanks for the great link. I've gotten trough to #31 so far. Some real talented musicians.
    I loved Amy's voice and especially In Spite of Ourselves. It didn't hurt that I am a big John Prine fan.
    I also liked a lot of the guy in the green sleeveless shirt's playing and songs.
    Sounded like a great time.

UncleJoe likes this.
  7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe

Her voice is incredible! I could listen to her all night.

That's Jeff with his $4500, Taylor 900 series. Last year was his first time at the event. He can be rather humble and downplays his abilities. The first song he did was Lady by Kenny Rogers (#28) and we were quite taken. Not the voice we expected to hear coming out of a truck driver.

You'll have to carve out some time in early Oct. and join us next year.

8. LogChain

LogChain

Hello Fellas, Im no musician ....but we do get together from time to time and pick n grin. LogChain and Friends

Attached Files:

Mag Craft and greendohn like this.
  9. stumplifter

stumplifter

Sure thing, started on bassoon, switched to bari and bass saxophone and migrated to bass guitar. Wife bought me an upright bass for my 40th b-day. Cripes that was 14 years ago!

Also play acoustic guitar, mandolin and digiridoo.

Bass is my primary instrument, did the blues, biker, rock band thing - got hooked into playing in a swing band and reading music again. Played with the Milwaukee Police Band (and jazz ensemble) for a few years. Best musical experience was probably playing in the pit orchestra for the musical Chess with a local Milwaukee theater group.

Confession - we bought a run down farm property two years ago and I haven't played anything since then. :-(
    I got so many projects on my "to-do" list that I can't afford to die...

Stinny and Mag Craft like this.
  10. Stinny

Stinny

I sure can relate to the old farm property "projects list"... lotta work. Too bad you're so far away... sounds like we could get together and play a bit. I have local musicians here once in a while, and, as as a drummer, there's never too many good bass players... ;)

Mag Craft, stumplifter and Oldhippie like this.