In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any mushroom gatherers

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Sandhillbilly, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ole

ole

Morel season is winding down here. Most of the ones I found today were rotten or dried out. I did procure a few monster blonde keepers.

IMG_3189.jpeg

Enough for a couple meals.

IMG_3191.jpeg

What the heck are these things? They are EVERYWHERE in my woods. We only eat morels.

IMG_3190.jpeg

they looks like doughnuts

I did find two morels behind them.

IMG_3188.jpeg

2. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

I get tons but just not knowledgeable enough to know what's what, when to pick.

I get hen of the woods all the time. At least I am fairly confident it's hen of the woods...

Just found these this weekend, no clue what they are!

IMG_5529.JPG IMG_5530.JPG IMG_5532.JPG

WeldrDave, ole, MikeInMa and 3 others like this.
  3. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Went up to the high country and drove around a bit. Much cooler there. Lots of frost heaved gravel. Had a glimpse of a fair buck as he disappeared into the timber. No grouse but we killed the Chanterelles! I shred or chop the chanterelles and season with spices and onion powder. Spray a large pan with a light coat of cooking oil and dry saute the shrooms. Add a small amount of olive oil as the last of the moisture is leaving the pan. I vacuum seal portions and freeze. Made a quicky spaghetti dinner with some of the mushrooms and sausage that was great. mountains3.jpg mushrooms1.jpg mushrooms2.jpg mushrooms3.jpg mushrooms4.jpg mushrooms5.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 1:39 PM
  4. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

That is awesome.

metalcuttr likes this.