In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any foresters review a contract for me?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by bocefus78, Sep 6, 2016.

  1. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Looking to cut my place for the first time. Never been thru a harvest before and I was hoping a pro could look at my contract and give me some thoughts.

    It's in word, but I could probably convert it to a pdf and email it.

    I'm meeting this guy Friday morn and the property is 80 miles from home so it's kinda fast for me to make a decision.

    I'd also appreciate any thoughts and feedback from experienced people who have cut their place.

    Thx
     
  2. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    I'll "bump" this for ya, pretty sure that clemsonfor, a FHC member is a forester and might chime in, you might also check out Forestry and Logging also. I think one of the best thing(s) to do is check out some of his completed jobs and see if you can talk with the land owner.
     
  3. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
  4. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Appreciate the bumps.
    Things went well today. I signed. Lots more hickory and oak than I thought.
    I cut some wood and paid for a pole barn.
    Bud lights for everyone; )
     
    Chvymn99 and Hammy like this.