so I was heading out to my local cutting spot the other day and I called the owner to make sure the gate was open. She said yes go ahead, and by the way some of your stack washed away in the flood! When I got there it was all gone, not 1 split left, must have been 1-2 cord fully seasoned. It must have been 8-10 feet above the river, I never even considered the water getting that high. Oh well, just more reason to CSS and Hoard on
Someone downstream got lucky. I would wade in and get it! Is there a pond or lake downstream, you might be able to rescue it with a boat.
Like Savage put it that is some tough luck and. Like you said who would of guessed the water would have gone that high.
That kind of sight will bum out anyone. Just see where you can stack out and hope to keep it next time.
I believe I would not yard, cut and split more than I could carry away each day! Had a disappearing wood problem years ago. We had cut and yarded a bunch of pecker poles for a small cabin I was making. When we left with the first load, about an equal number of roughs and barked poles were left behind. A few days later got a call from a man who lived nearby who told me that firewood cutters had gotten into my poles. Seems they had taken away half the poles for "fire wood", but only the peeled ones! Sorry to hear of your loss of wood and hard work.