In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Another Kubota L2501 thread...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Maina, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

X2!

:thumbs:

Maina likes this.
  2. Maina

Maina

I’m with you there! We just just need some snow. March can be a very snowy month for us, but the past couple decades we’ve had none at all a few times, and gotten buried a few times so it’s a crap shoot. I can tell you the blower is staying on until sometime in April. If we get a decent storm I’ll have to enlist the wife to take a video.
    I did chew through a frozen bank left by my JD 47 blower without much effort and that was impressive. My X530 would’ve just sit there and dug itself into a hole. I can’t get over how quiet it is in comparison too.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

By the sounds of it there are possibly a couple more storms to come in the next couple of weeks. I too will leave the snow blade on.

Maina and Well Seasoned like this.
  4. Maina

Maina

Yep, they’re talking abut a big nor’easter coming up the coast on Wednesday/Thursday that might dump a big load on us. I’m not usually happy about big storms but I’m making an exception this time.
    :rofl: :lol::tractor:

5. Maina

Maina

I managed to get the JD moved out of the garage and out to the back forty under cover, and the Kubota is now sitting in the garage beside mommas Subaru with the ROPS folded down. It barely fits in our 20x20 garage lengthwise. But now I’m all ready for that big nor’easter on Wednesday night and Thursday. Preliminary reports are calling for over a foot of snow here, and another one in the pipeline for next Monday. Looks like the new snowblower will get a workout after all. I made a deal with one of my neighbors yesterday as well. He has a little bigger garage and it’s heated. He’s also in his late 70’s and his old Toro walk behind snowblower is on its last legs. So I’ll keep them cleaned out. It won’t take but 10-15 minutes anyway. I may never need it, but if I do it’ll beat the heck out of working out in the cold. Good trade imho.
    He also happens to have 2-3 cords of beech in 4’ that was cut into 4’ lengths and piled and covered 2 years ago. He wants to get rid of it so I told him I’d give him $100 provided it’s still solid. Ill get that CSS’d once it dries up some.

6. Maina

Maina

I didn’t even start the tractor yesterday, but I spent a couple hours just going over everything and making sure there’s no loose bolts anywhere, I adjusted the blower chain to spec, and basically sprayed everything that moves or is threaded with Fluid Film. 18” of wet heavy snow will be a great first test. I already told the wife she’s on camera duty. Gotta get some video of the beast in action.

7. Will C

Will C

That snowstorm will be a joy to handle with your new equipment. I'm actually jealous!

Maina and Well Seasoned like this.
  8. Hammy

Hammy

Congrats on the new machine!! Hope you had some fun with yesterday storm:)

9. Maina

Maina

Thanks Hammy! I sure did have fun with the snow. I even had to go out again this morning to clean up where the plow went by again. :D
    I had my wife take a little video but it’s not much and I can’t figure out how to post it.

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Maina video need to be made with outside service and post the link..

Glad your kubota made the blizzard fun and easy:yes:

Well Seasoned and Maina like this.
  11. Woodslave

Woodslave

Maina, congratulations on the new tractor and 38 years. I hope you remind your wife what a lucky woman she is. I tell my wife that all the time, I won't repeat what most of her replies are as this is a family friendly forum. As a fan and owner of the the Orange paint good luck to you and enjoy your new tractor.

12. Maina

Maina

Thank you sir! I’ll have to look into that.
    Yeah, it was the easiest cleanup I’ve ever done despite it being 15” of wet heavy stuff. And I’ve definitely never had that much fun moving snow before! :thumbs:

13. Maina

Maina

Thank you Woodslave.
    I do remind her occasionally, especially when I do a job that works have cost thousands to hire out and I need to justify a new tool purchase. I have a thing for tools but I’m betting I’m far from the only one here like that lol. I was even a Snap-On dealer way back for awhile.
    I also tell her how lucky I am to have her also. I wouldn’t have what I do without her! And I wouldn’t trade her from the world, even who she’s mad at me. She’s stubborn but she’s a good woman. She even likes stacking firewood.

14. Woodslave

Woodslave

Maina, good for you and her. I happen to make 38 years this year also. Been a tough road at times but we made it together

15. Maina

Maina

Congratulations to you as well! I agree, it’s been a rough road at times, but it’s easier to handle with the right partner.

Woodslave and Well Seasoned like this.
  16. Maina

Maina

I haven’t tried to line up a video service yet, but here’s a few pictures from the videos my wife took yesterday.
    CA8B5BB9-5D61-4B20-84FE-9ACAABA5DE2A.jpeg 42216E35-67C9-471D-8AFC-3D1A41A7FC34.jpeg 09752674-393A-480D-8EE0-A288EDEC88AA.jpeg 1D792E1B-D9FD-4CF4-8BBF-66BFACDF5125.jpeg 2428B50A-209F-46DF-B7BA-A939C112D3ED.jpeg D07AC8FD-1036-4172-B2DD-863808FC322A.jpeg

Chaz, Shawn Curry, Gasifier and 10 others like this.
  17. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Good for you. It is nice to hear and see people getting the things that they have always wanted. I know you will take care of that machine for sure!

18. Spencer

Spencer

Looks like some wet, heavy stuff. Tractor looks like it ate it up!!

19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

20. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Maina - sweet snowthrowin' rig there! Your wife did good!:thumbs:

Canadian border VT - thanks for looking out brotha! It didn't get to bad here thankfully! Son has a stomach bug, between that, working, building a coop for these chicks, I've been swamped!