In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Another Kubota L2501 thread...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Maina, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Maina

Maina

My new toy, ah tractor arrived about 3:30. After the initial introduction from Wallingford’s I managed to put about an hour on it playing in the snow. I pushed the corners back at both ends of the road and opened up the road out back part way using the bucket and the blower. Man that blower is a beast! And unbelievably quiet to boot compared to my X530/47 gas powered combination. I’m super happy about that! The blower is more comfortable to operate than I was expecting as well. No issues with traction with the loaded R4’s. I’m a happy camper!
    There are a couple minor items I’m still waiting for like the manual, which he asked about and wrote down, and I’m already going back for a couple other things I want like that right fender handle. I told them to deliver without those items and I’d go pick them up when they arrive. That’ll give me a chance to think about what else I might need.
    It came out of a crate, so it was very clean. Same for all the attachments. The delivery guy was awesome, even showed me pictures of the 240Z he restored. He made sure I was comfortable, had me unload the box blade off the back of their truck even. I can’t recommend Wallingford’s enough. I was told possibly 2 weeks on Monday and here it is 2 days later. I guess if I had bought in December it might have taken a couple months. My experience has been great so far! Anyone in southern or central Maine should have them on their tractor shopping list.
    Enough tongue wagging, here’s a few pictures...
    97CC20AB-3D73-4A8F-8B3C-01A787D4EBBC.jpeg 4359492A-2000-4479-9647-B23887CEBA9C.jpeg 7FC14031-C57F-4CA2-A965-1642C0B57658.jpeg E065F24D-0925-448F-9027-F7493071E97B.jpeg A13E971D-ADC5-4FE7-9F50-B4F04CD8A77E.jpeg

Shawn Curry, Gasifier, basod and 19 others like this.
  2. Will C

Will C

Looks great! I'm sure you will smile every day you look at it.

Gasifier, savemoney, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Yea buddy! So glad i saw this thread- was wondering when it would come up! Sweet tractor & implements! Enjoy it! :thumbs:

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 3 others like this.
  4. Maina

Maina

Thanks Well Seasoned! Today is our 38th wedding anniversary so it won’t be much of a tractor day. I might get the wife on it for a couple minutes anyway. I’d like to get her comfortable enough to operate it eventually. She had her own ATV and loved snowmobiling so maybe.

5. Maina

Maina

Thanks Will C. I think you’re right. I’ve had a permanent grin since Monday and it only got bigger when it arrived.

6. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Congratulations! That looks like an awesome tractor. You will never regret buying that and you will love using it.

Gasifier, savemoney, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Well said Jack... Yup the FEL beats the he'll out of a wheelbarrow!!!:yes::yes::tractor::ithappened:

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 6 others like this.
  8. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

I've seen a car on the road with a "MAINA" vanity plate, a Caddy or a Town Car...maybe mid 90s vintage...cracks me up every time.

Nice tractor, wicked jealous.

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 5 others like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Congratulations on both the tractor and the anniversary! Made the most out of both and may both serve you well for the rest of your life.

10. Maina

Maina

I’ve seen that too and I’m wicked jealous!

11. Maina

Maina

Thank you very much sir!

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 2 others like this.
  12. Maina

Maina

Thank you Jack! I feel very fortunate and blessed to have it, especially in the time of life that I need it most. It will definitely help us maintain our independence that much longer and that’s what I bought it for. It’s been on my bucket list for well, pretty much my entire life. I’ve always wanted to own a real tractor and I finally got it.

Gasifier, basod, savemoney and 6 others like this.
  13. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I bought a New Holland 5 years ago and I love it. The dealer is selling a 5 year old just like mine and is asking what I paid for mine new! When kept nice they really hold their value.

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 4 others like this.
  14. Maina

Maina

I saw that with Kubota and JD around here as well and that’s why I bought a new one. Anything decent was almost as much without a warranty, and the rest have been beat to death. I don’t like buying someone else’s problems.

Shawn Curry, Gasifier, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  15. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I like the Kubota but I ended up getting a New Holland because my brother is a NH master mechanic and he said the model I bought was bullet proof and he could repair anything on it if needed.

Gasifier, Horkn, Screwloose and 4 others like this.
  16. Maina

Maina

Well it looks like mud season has arrived so I won’t be putting many hours on the new tractor for awhile. Don’t want to be tearing anything up or doing something even more foolish like getting stuck lol. This is Maine though so I know we’re apt to be in for a few more snowstorms so the blower might get a little use if I’m lucky lol. :D
    Anyone with a tractor in the Albany area looks like they’ll be using theirs to clean up a lot of snow later today!

Meanwhile maybe I’ll get a warm sunny day so I can wax it. I’ve read the tractor manual and I’m about half way through the loader manual. That’s appeasing me for now. :whistle: I do love to read and learn as much as I can.
    One of the things I love most about this particular model is it’s so similar to the farm tractors I used to work with on the potato farms I worked on as a kid and young man. I don’t miss all the bells and whistles of some of the newer fancier models, but I might if I had them for awhile I suppose. For my uses the extra weight and added capability it brings are an excellent trade off. The biggest difference I see between this and what I’ve operated in the past is the smaller size and the refinement of the controls. Everything is very easy to operate on this tractor unlike some of the beasts I’ve dealt with in the past at times. Kubota build a very fine tractor and I’d say the fit and finish is as good as anything I’ve seen.
    Thank you all for the congratulations and well wishes. I feel like a very fortunate man!

17. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

We have 30” of snow and we could get another 10”. Can I barrow your snowblower? :rofl: :lol:

18. Maina

Maina

Wow you’re at grocery zero for this one it sounds like. Wish I would closer, I’d come clean you out for the fun of it.

19. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I looked at some new Kubota 2500's a few weeks ago when I was down to Union Farm getting my fathers BSC 2 Wheel Tractor. They do look nice all shiny!

I don't think you will break much on it. I have had one since 1999, 2700 hours later very few things have broken on it, and I beat on mine. It is a very capable machine in the woods; nice small size for its power.

I did break the drop down spider gears in the front knuckle when I was in potato rock and loading it for fill in some logging roads, but it was nearly abuse. Potato rock and brand new front tires.

Part of me would like to trade the old gal in and get a new one, using the $5000 or so that it is worth now to take the edge off buying a new one, but honestly $1700 in parts would net me a rebuilt tractor.

I got the acreage to justify a bigger machine, but then I would have to scale up all my implements and that is just too costly. As bad as it sucks making a 1 day plow job with a 3 bottom plow, spending 3 days doing instead just makes sense in the end. But if I did buy a new Kubota, it would be another L2500. They just work their guts out without breaking.

Gasifier, basod, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  20. Spencer

Spencer

Really nice tractor. Cant wait to see some pictures of that thing blowing snow!