I think this is wood pile worthy File under Creative Solutions UK neighbors cut tree in half over bird poop dispute: ‘We were absolutely distraught’
Whenever I start thinking I live too close to my neighbors, I'm going to look at pictures from the UK and thank my lucky stars. You'd have a hard time walking a Great Dane between those houses.
The second picture shows the tree before it was cut and a second tree near the door, did the people complaining have that cut down because it isn't there in the first picture.
Imagine that, birds hanging out in a tree. So I guess the birds didnt make noise or crap from that tree until covid. The idiots in this world who complain about the dumbest garbage and get their panties in a twist about the smallest things is absolute mind boggling. I often wonder how they would react if they are ever faced with a severe problem or issue. Fricking dolts!
My neighbor two houses down did that with the trees on all three sides back yard of his property. Looks <stupid>, but I get it, he's trying to have a few fruit trees on a little tiny 0.27 acre lot (1,100 sq ft house). House is no more than 3 car lengths from the street. Our town, which used to require one acre minimum lot size is now embracing higher density housing. Mostly on cul-de-sacs with green spaces between mini-developements. Just enough room for a good size pool in the back yard and not much more, with a septic system in the front if there are no town sewer service (yet). $500,000 and up houses. Kinda sad, but people gotta live somewhere. Unfortunately if you're a more senior couple who want to downsize to a smaller home in retirement, you pretty much have to move out of town.
Scoff if you want. It’s a real issue. ok maybe not much of one. I’ve noticed the extra bird poop on my vehicles and blame it entirely on covid. We are driving less, or were. Cars sit in the same place for extended periods of time and the birds use them as roosts. In this instance, in England, with severe lockdowns that car probably rarely moved and got crapped on all the time. See no room to move it elsewhere. Would I cut a tree in half? No. Maybe a car cover or water hose. But I’m tellin ya these uncouth birds are getting ready to take over the world!!! Bill Gates be dammed. ok, no more coffee this morning. And where’s that dang BB gun?