In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ammo LOL

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by lukem, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Horkn

Horkn

This is the kind of Intel that is awesome. Now if you could get that kind of intel for they're Richfield Wisconsin store, please let me know.

My wife and I went to the fleet farm in west bend, Thursday night since friends of ours gave me a $100 gift certificate for my b-day. I know they wanted me to get at least some ammo with that GC, but there was literally 3 boxes of 300 wsm, and 5 packs of .17 cal. That's it. I should've taken a picture of the empty shelves. This chain usually has tons of ammo until the last few months.

Instead I got socks, water softener pellets, dog treats/ chews, some roebic septic tank treatment, seeds for my garden, and some bar oil. I think I'll be ordering some ammo online that I found. The internet is where I got the last 300 rds from.

Super44, eatonpcat and FatBoy85 like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

The machines that make the ammo are not making the ammo any differently than normal, so quality will be the same.

eatonpcat and FatBoy85 like this.
  3. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

4. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

5. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

You're absolutely right. I was working on dispelling the rumors that others were conjuring up, thinking they were getting inferior ammo. But the part I meant about that other ammo is I'd rather get ammo thats not new stock, less crowded. For people who are revealing these long lost or forgotten cases of .22 LR or other great deals they got in bulk for a fraction of the price then are taking stock in it and selling it. Some are reasonable.

stihl sawing, Horkn and Redneckchevy like this.
  6. Horkn

Horkn

Gotcha:handshake:

stihl sawing and FatBoy85 like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

I see that stuff a few places. Only fmj, but brass, boxer primers ( large rifle) and reloadable.

Best price on ice seen is 480 rds for $300.

It's made in serbia , and only been around as a company since like 2015. And it's reloadable.

stihl sawing and FatBoy85 like this.
  8. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Interesting, not making ties with Russia but I'm gathering that's not your average ammo there. I dunno why but people have been complaining about S&B ammo but its some of the best I've shot. Granted its only 9mm for me but I've got some Creedmoor stowed away and this label makes me think about it. Grateful that some European companies don't come up with shoddy products. Id be interested in seeing their line when things come back. Haven't seen any ammo from Europe in almost a year.....

stihl sawing and Horkn like this.
  9. Redneckchevy

Redneckchevy

Got to pick up my ammo today.
    100 rounds of 150 gr 30-06.

KIMG0384.JPG KIMG0386.JPG KIMG0387.JPG

Super44, Rope, FatBoy85 and 4 others like this.
  10. ole

ole

I have been following 350 Rem Mag ammo prices on GunBroker. Not that I need any because I have enough in stock for my lifetime. But there is a guy in Kentucky selling 5 full boxes (100 rounds) of Remington green yellow boxes in 200 grains. The auction has 6 hours to go and the bid is at $510. Holy crapola. I use to buy them for $25- $30 a box at hardware stores up north.

11. ole

ole

The above 350 Rem Mag ammo sold for $605.
    over 6 bucks a round
    that means I am sitting on a gold mine

Rope, FatBoy85, stihl sawing and 2 others like this.
  12. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

If Ammo were stock.... its a good thing you stocked up. Investment for sure but the 68 million dollar question is if you sold it on there, have to claim a sales tax...is it worth selling if the price for that ammo goes up and stays that way? Is it worth selling a little bit? While gaining any profit is absolutely up to you, it's true that people are out there WILLING to buy the ammo and pay that much.

Horkn and stihl sawing like this.
  13. ole

ole

No way Ray! I will never sell ammo. I acquire it to shoot it. Working on some metal plates to use as swinging targets as we speak.

1698E65F-A6C4-4C3B-835A-76E219357C1E.jpeg

14. Horkn

Horkn

Don't you need to be careful for ricochets with steel? Doesn't the steel need to be ar500?

15. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Unless its heat tempered... or for much smaller ammo like .22.

ole and Horkn like this.
  16. Rope

Rope

Without being armored, have not shoot heat treated that I am aware of. Two things tear it up distance and speed it impacts the the steel. All my steel hangs at a slight angle, top is closer to the shooter than the bottom. This makes the splash impact below the target in between the legs of the target stand. You can find some YouTube videos that have ricochets right back to the shooter, this steel is vertical hung. It’s a guess but may also be rigid mounted vs hung steel. I started shooting steel in 1990, have never had a single issue. Have fun making it sing.

17. lukem

lukem

upload_2021-4-19_17-55-37.png

Eckie and eatonpcat like this.
  18. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Yikes. I FEEL SO OFFENDED. But really finding ammo is like a legit dime bag deal. I put 20 5.56s in a sammich bag for a trade. Not that the deal was ever sketchy but it's become that kind of game since ammo is practically currency and trades among itself well.

Horkn likes this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

I got a couple boxes of 7.62 x39 the other day, hand delivered by my buddy. The date he got them from had a 2box limit for ammo. I've not seen practically any ammo in stores in months. That same day I died at a different location to get lovejoy couplers for my splitter, and I checked for ammo. Literally all that was left were 2 boxes of 300 wsm. That's it. Not even. 17 hmr. My buddy got the other half lovejoy that the other location didn't have and got that x39 ammo while he was there. He says they had a bunch of it, in fmj and hp, and that I should go and get more. Eh, if I really want I can get 480 rds of brass reloadable stuff. That and I had to fix the splitter

FatBoy85 likes this.
  20. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Shotgun ammo is coming back out a little bit but it has doubled in price. What went for around 7 bucks as trap and skeet ammo is about 15 now. Heavishot was about 40 for 12 ga. Suffering sheepdip.:eek:

Turkey season is here. Youth right now, adults at the start of next month. Too bad I couldn't take my daughter along, our spring breaks based on schools are different weeks. Either way I'm just glad I had put in the footwork on some cheaper practice shotgun ammo, this summer will be a good time to try it all out.

Horkn likes this.