In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Amateur photography

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by reckless, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I really like the black and white one, 4th from the bottom. Other than being a beautiful pic, that would be an assume puzzle to do. All the pics are great.

TrinitySouth99 and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

3. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

4. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

5. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

6. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

7. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I really like the first dandelion picture and the lone seagull. How many people in your community? Is that a lookout tower on the hill above the houses in the second to last picture?

8. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Thanks!

I couldn't really say the exact population of my community now, I suppose not much more than 1,000 but could be a bit less. Only about 4 pictures from that series are my own community though, rest are from a drive we took on Saturday. that thing in second last picture, I've never taken notice of it despite driving by many times. Zooming in on the picture, I'm thinking it's just a strange rock formation but I could be wrong

9. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Have an old camera around somewhere a good one for the time but most of my photography is done with my drone so Ill post a few here that I have extracted from a video I filmed last weekend on a trip out route 2 here in MA. Ill also post a link to the video which is in 4 k 60 fps , I was gonna edit and cut the beginning where I was setting up my drone but the sunrise was so nice I kept it raw and just added music. Some are from a night where the clouds were beautiful and just flew the drone from my house also a pic from a local pond.
    If you have the hardware to support it watch it in 4K as its some beautiful country , was recorded in 3840X2160 @ 60 FPS but youtube encoded it down to 2160 4K.

Bridge .jpeg BW.jpeg Clouds.JPG cloudz.JPG color conn river .jpeg conn river pic 1.jpeg Hart Pond .JPG River .jpeg

Hope all are Well

Bert, Midwinter, Woodwidow and 4 others like this.
  10. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

This was awesome as a Hawk showed my Noob Drone how to fly !

Hawk 1_.jpeg Hawk_2.jpeg

Video Here :

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Bert, Woodwidow, Midwinter and 4 others like this.
  11. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Very nice

12. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

These pictures and videos are awesome Luneyburg!! Do you have to have an FAA License to fly that high?

Bert, Midwinter and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  13. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

No sir as long as you do not exceed the legal limit which is 400' and are not in restricted air space, I do have my drone registered but that is the extent of the legal requirements.
    Have I gone higher well maybe but it is dependent upon your location and surroundings but I try my best to be responsible.

I have an airport that is far enough away as not to be a concern legally but there are some stunt fliers with old planes that like to fly over our hill town so I am aware of it and act accordingly when flying the drone from my front porch.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Thanks Brother...The company I work for needed a once a month picture taken over a jobsite for a duration of 24 months, the bid we received was 44,000 dollars. We decided to buy a drone, get our IT FAA licensed and self perform the work. Wish you lived closer. I would ask you for a fee and pay for your license costs.

Again, your videos are awesome, luv the hawk!!

Bert, Midwinter and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  15. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Very cool man glad to hear it , curious as I have been in construction for 41 years with a 5 year break where i logged and processed firewood professionally. If you don't mind me asking what is your role is it a Project Manager, Superintendent , Engineer,Tradesman or Architect ?
    I myself am a General Superintendent working my way up from starting as a Carpenter. On a project I worked on starting 2012 the client setup a still frame camera and recorded the entire project for 3 years as it was a big project topping $850 Million . Ill see if I can find the video that was made of the project as it was pretty dang cool.

I have been quite busy for a long time but finally decided after last weekend I would learn more about my drone which I have and should be able to improve the quality of the videos , so I am psyched and looking forward to shooting some video and capturing or extracting more still photos. Wish I lived closer as well as there would not be any fee I would love to shoot some video of construction as now the project is for a big Pharma so security is very tight and they would freak out if I were to bring a drone in.

Hope all are well

16. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Very cool photos this might even inspire me to find my camera which is an Olympus from back in 2011 8 MP I believe not sure been for ever since I have used it actually remember shooting some pieces for my wife and sisters business in RAW.
    My issue is time limitation but your photos have inspired me as said before,really great photo's with some great subject content ! Either you live near the coast or frequent it often .

Thanks again

17. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Had a thunder storm roll in just a little bit before sun set. Ended up with some nice shots. This phone just does not do the pic justice. Just would not pick up the colors. 20200620_204928.jpg

Attached Files:

Bert, milleo, T.Jeff Veal and 5 others like this.
  18. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

20. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99