In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Alaska cycling, pic

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Apr 1, 2015.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I'm pulling away, big motivation LOL LOL!.jpg

    Think it's photo-shopped ?

    Definitely don't want a flat tire.
    DSCF5175.JPG
    Just got tougher tires, after having a few flats.
     
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Did get 23 miles last night, try out new tires,'
    thunder storm came thru, cut the ride short , had lightning but just a few drops of rain/
    Thought I was gonna get hammered with rain & be an wet old man on an aluminum bike actin like a lightning rod :eek:

    7 more fires started in AK from lightning yesterday.
    One just N of me, causing evacuations, lost several structures,
    " Sockeye fire" started in Kashwhitna where I launch the boat . Bad wind blew it south, wind died down now it's heading N.

    a buddy that lives in the area is storing some stuff here just in case.
     
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Eric VW and savemoney like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Heard about the fires up there Dave. Not good for sure and summer is just starting.

    On the picture, it is funny but something else is funny and that is seeing how the man is dressed. Riding in that cold one needs a bit more covering.

    Dave, you can also buy special tubes or even liners for the tires that do good. Of course they all add weight.

    I remember one summer when money was a little tight so I was trying to make tires and tubes last. I really got tired of fixing flats along side of the road that year. And all my tubes looked like they were mostly patches....but I still rode 5,600 miles that summer.
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Breaking high temp records. Kinda nice, but the fire danger high.

    Yea, notice the summer outfit on the rider, less to peel of to start eating. LOL :)

    At 40 lbs with the parts, rear rack & stuff, adding some weight to the mt bike not an issue.
    Be nice to have the $$ to have a light carbon , comfortable bike
    but aluminum comfortable for me works for what I do. Not competitive, fun & exercise,
    Not that I wouldn't like to be able to go farther & faster but happy with what I got.

    If I get near 2000 miles this summer I'll be happy, at 547 now.

    Parts are a bit worn now,
    mine, not the bikes LOL :rofl: :lol:
     
    Backwoods Savage, papadave and Deacon like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    That will be a great first year Dave.