In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A Throw & Shoot Camera....................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Jan 21, 2016.

  1. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,558
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I remember my dad bringing home a hover mower back in the late 70's or early 80's. o_O
    didn't turn out to well. :rofl: :lol:
     
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,332
    Location:
    Central MI
    Same thing a bear does maybe?
     
    Star Gazer, papadave, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  3. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Eats berries?;)

    Gary
     
  4. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    ......and chit in the buckwheat...................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,594
    Location:
    US
    So the bear asks the rabbit.......
    :rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
    Star Gazer likes this.
  6. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    Same first thought I had, I wonder if you can tell it to maintain a certain height to avoid the brush etc.

    Garmin does make a VIRB camera that you can use on your dog and control with the GPS collar
     
    Star Gazer, Stinny and TurboDiesel like this.
  7. Star Gazer

    Star Gazer

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,057
    Likes Received:
    4,358
    Location:
    Right behind you
    I have 4 quads in my little squadron. 2 with FPV for videos and sometimes photographs. The FPV helps me see what I'm about to film. (FPV=first person video) Those without, ehh, just point in that general direction and hope for something usable. All could be thrown but it wouldn't make sense for me.

    But, if y'all want size, a quadcopter you can ride in rather than on, this is your baby:

    Personally, I would prefer one that I could control onboard.

    And a word about "Ruger." When I see that name I automatically think firearm be it rifle, pistol or revolver. I have the Ruder SuperRedhawk, 9.5" barrel, double action revolver, in brushed stainless steel. So when I see that name I have to wonder if I could find a camera for mine or for that matter all of my firearms.
     
  8. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,558
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I didn't realize how many Rugers I had till I named my dog Ruger...lol
    Its one of the most trusted brands here in the TurboDiesel compound
     
    Star Gazer likes this.