In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A Little Honey Locust Turns Into a Lot

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Jun 30, 2024.

1. MAF143

MAF143

I cut a couple Honey Locust and a few other trees over the last couple weeks I finished up cutting and noodling it to get it up on pallets. I still need to split most of it. I noodled with the 357 and MS362 this evening but ran a couple tanks of mix through the G288 Tuesday evening. I forgot to take a pic when I got done stacking it.

A little Sugar Maple limb wood in the front middle, American Hophornbeam to the left, Honey Locust to the right, the rear row and in the back ground to be noodled. I saved a 9' straight section of the trunk to run on the sawmill. I'm hoping it will yield some 5/4 decking boards.

Locust stack.jpg

RCBS, MikeInMa, Woodwidow and 4 others like this.
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

With the tropical humidity last week I wasn't enthusiastic about cutting another load. Planned for yesterday but got rained out in the morning. Other plans for afternoon. Wasn't feeling much ambition and it needed to get done so I worked in full sun and got a full load. Humidity had lessened to "normal" Summer conditions. Still not fun. Noodled several gnarly chunks. Looked like a few rounds had gone MIA. Took some of the walnut he had dropped off. IMG_5765.JPG
    Just HL. IMG_5764.JPG
    Full load including some nuggets. IMG_5766.JPG Just some limb wood and nuggets left. Had enough of the sun so i'll unload tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
    RCBS, Chud, Yawner and 4 others like this.
  3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Split the load off the truck this morning. A few chunks I'll saw into "splits" IMG_5774.JPG IMG_5775.JPG Ill finish off the one cord stack. Ill mix whatever's left with some shagbark hickory in another stack. IMG_5776.JPG Stopped and grabbed the rest of what I wanted later. Nuggets and the Norway limb wood. IMG_5782.JPG Score done. Probably over a cord and a half.