In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A little help from up North

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Beetle-Kill, Jul 10, 2017.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I fear I'm turning into a bad influence. Oh well ! Carry on !! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  2. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Thanks , the view in the back will be getting better, just a matter of momentum with me.
    As far as the chipper, we only shredded Aspen and something else, so green softwood. It rocked that stuff, so a good choice for me. I believe it might have problems with a harder wood. It's not a Pro-series chipper. We did get it to bog out, when using both chutes at the same time, but for the most part I couldn't be happier with that thing.
     
  3. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    Looks like a review is needed for this chipper! Nice pictures Beetle-Kill! Sounds and looks like a lotta fun for a crew. Id be looking for some trout in that very hole. Some 'bows be lurkin!
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,188
    Location:
    Central MI
    I can see no reason you could not use aspen mulch. However, if you plan on using it for vegetables then for sure be aware that any type of wood mulch can mess with the acidity and also you will usually need to add some nitrogen (along with lime).
     
  5. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Good advice, thanks. Don't know where I heard/read that Aspen mulch wasn't recommended. :salute:
     
  6. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,517
    Likes Received:
    95,543
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island