In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A little goes a long way

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by T.Jeff Veal, Nov 23, 2018.

  1. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,486
    Likes Received:
    188,766
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Couldn't find the original thread on secondaries, so here goes. Came in from work this morning, had a decent bed of coals, I put two thin red oak boards and two thicker white oak boards in, I think it's making nice secondaries now. I know it's kicking out the heat, had to turn on the central air blower to help circulate the heat...
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    I loaded my stove with white oak this morning for the first time since last year. I forgot how much more secondary action I get with oak! Air is down to almost closed, and the secondaries have been going strong for about an hour now.