I was lucky enough to see a sow with 4 cubs one early morning on the way into work 30 years ago! Crossed the highway (no traffic then) was the Mom and three cubs. She got almost all the way across with the little ones right at her heels when she stopped and turned around looking to where she had come from. I thought, Oh oh....wolves are gonna get some bear meat Just then, the fourth cub came hightailing it out form the woods to be with the rest of the! Still see it the same way it took place. The cubs were very small, born that winter; it was the beginning of May when this happened.
Yeah if that was my stuff I probably would have done something to, throw a pack of firecrackers out there they would probably take right off. It made a fun video to watch though, the Cubs looked like they were having a blast, in that backyard playground
I agree it was a cute video, but I'm still sour when it comes to bears, even little ones. I don't want them that close, nor do I want them thinking it's OK to get that close. DOW has put down 50 bears this year so far. Mostly because people let them do this, then decide it's not cool anymore when the bears start encroaching into their space. Let the bears know they're not welcome- right off the bat. They aren't stupid, they learn. Sorry, rant over.