Breaking in the Husqvarna 550xp !! What a great running firewood saw ! About 6 Degrees this morning without windchill . But....any day is a great day to cut firewood Some hickory and cherry...stacked between a couple of fine oaks !! Auto tune did its job just fine Made this pile a little higher ! Look at that saw.......thing is ready to go !!!
I looked at the 550's online last month. How long have you had it and it sounds like you like it huh ?
Have had it about a month or so . With this weather..its only been out a few times . Actually ..I got it for my girlfriend..who is an avid and capable firewood cutter..yay me Anyway..I would love to buy another one just because they run so well !! It is so smooth..revs really fast..and tachs out at a nice hum...consistently every time ! I thought it would just be good small firewood/limbing saw....but I was wrong . Its very capable of burying the 16 inch bar . It holds it own . Probably the best all around saw thats been on my shelf..period ! And light enough to tote around for a long time . With the 16 inch bar...the saw balances perfectly in the hand . Had an 18 inch bar on to start....but it started to get a little front heavy . If you are interested.. This saw would put a smile on your face
Nice pics and nice saw And to have a girlfriend to run it?? (Lucky ) Are you running .325 or .375 on that 550xp? I still don't have a bar and chain. For the 550 or the 545, Can't make up my mind. I want to run 3/8", but keep hearing everyone say the .325 has the advantage?? It's gonna be ported soon (550xp) so it won't be your standard 50cc saw.
Thank you sir ! I do believe Im a lucky fella..its about time Im running a 16 inch .325 .050 gauge . It had an 18 inch bar on it....and it was a little nose heavy for my girl . So I ot her a 16 ....perfect balance in the hand . Have to bend a little more..but its doable since a fella only has to be down a split second with all that speed !!! I stayed with .325 .050 because a lot of my saws carry that package . I have all the spare chains and files and such . I like the narrow cut myself . But since your 550 will be getting massaged....I might go 3/8 . And i may have said it already......you should send that 545 my way