In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

461 Back From Recall Repair

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Ralphie Boy, Mar 11, 2017.

  1. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    I got my 461 back from the dealer after the recall repair.

    First thing was the mechanic went outside with it, and me, to fire it up and show me it was running fine.

    Then I noticed the outside was much cleaner than when I took it in. I keep my saws clean, real clean, but I had just finished cutting and went directly to the shop figuring I'd clean it when it came home.

    I put the saw in the back seat and as I began to close the door, I thought I'd pull the cover and check. Sure enough, the inside was spottless and the air cleaner had been blown clean.

    These guys went the extra mile for me, at no extra charge, so I made sure I went back in and let them know that I appreciated the extra work.

    I believe I should be quicker to complement than to criticize.
     
    tamarack, reprod, Hammy and 9 others like this.
  2. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    That is the way all dealers who work on saws should be. It is a no brainer.
     
  3. Dakota Hoarder

    Dakota Hoarder

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2017
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    9,094
    Location:
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Exactly the same story for me When I had my 461 recall done. My saw was cleaner then I have ever seen it. Problem was I didn't notice till I got home. I better give them a call and let them now how much I appreciate it!