In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

26.4

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jun 26, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    dray
    drā/
    noun
    noun: dray; plural noun: drays
    1. a truck or cart for delivering beer barrels or other heavy loads, especially a low one without sides.

    C'mon guys. Your suppose to be working on your wood supply. Not beer supply! :rolleyes:
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    So all these years, everyone has been hauling beer? I have an inkling that hoarding beer is happening too. This explains storage sheds being open on all sides, so the drinker has easy access w/o walking all the way to the front.
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yo
    I'll take a run up today so I can get a picture of the tree, I might have to thin some trees out so I can get in with the rhino when I decide to cut the downed Maple, I think it's a nice size tree.

    I've been running the 310 with the 390 for my second saw, this will take the 660 with the 390 for the second saw.
     
    clemsonfor and Stinny like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It was a hot one but I did get the Ironwood up in the bake zone, high wind area with the sun.

    It's just under .61 of a cord, I'll fill that before August.

    Pic 9439 was brought out this winter and spring, the rest of the pics are from what I just hauled out, I'm liking they way things a turning out, BTU wise.
     

    Attached Files:

    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    No AC here yet but we thought about it this morning. The air was so thick you could almost cut it. Thankfully that has passed. Also, we hit our first official 90 yesterday.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I meant that if it was 85f outside that would be my first reaction here. That or it was before say 11 am!!
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Before I started the splitting and the stacking, I hit some areas looking for more damaged Ironwood, I found a nice one, the other picture is what I hope is another Sugar Maple branch.

    The ironwood is big for this type of tree, I'll just take the branch.
     

    Attached Files:

    clemsonfor likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    After we came back from the boat ride I decided to get this Ironwood branch with this Maple from up top.

    I still have some Ironwood hanging from the tree so I'll take the pole saw with me tomorrow so I can get it, with the Ironwood and the Maple, I brought out just over 40 rounds today.
     

    Attached Files:

    clemsonfor likes this.