In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2018 Spring Gobbler

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by bear 1998, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Rope

Rope

Will do!

2. Rope

Rope

Last time I talked I thought I was getting close, he has 19 mounts to do ahead of mine.

3. XXL

XXL

Oops, missed that. Got excited and replied before reading full thread.

Great Buck! Congrats. Even though P&Y doesn't recognize crossbows, B&C does. Let me know if you are interested in a B&C measurement.

4. bear 1998

bear 1998

I appreciate that....i thought B&C only was for rifle?

saskwoodburner, Rope and XXL like this.
  5. XXL

XXL

B&C accepts all legal means of harvest of free range North American animals including guns, bows, crossbows and found/picked up animals. I regularly fill out score sheets for both B&C and P&Y for the same bow harvested animal. The minimums for B&C are higher therefore harder to reach. Essentially SCI scores are the same as a B&C or P&Y gross score. The difference is that left to right side lack of symmetry is deducted for B&C and P&Y net scores. If you have a copy of your SCI score sheet you should be able to subtract the difference between the length of main beams, typical tines and circumferences to come up with a good estimate of a B&C net score. Don't subtract anything for non-typical points. Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like a pretty symmetrical main frame buck with several extra non-typical points so I can't see a lot of deductions. A net score of 185" will get you in the one time B&C Awards book and a score of 195" or better would get you into the B&C All Time Awards Books. I really doubt there is 17" of deduction on your buck so good chance of making the record book.

Regardless of the score or if you have it measured for B&C, congrats again on a buck of a life time!

If you are interested in a score, there are lots of measurers in PA
    Boone and Crockett Club | Find an Official Measurer | Wildlife Conservation | Deer Hunting | Elk Hunting | Big Game Hunting

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  6. bear 1998

bear 1998

Much thanks....ill give it some thought...n il check out your links

XXL and Rope like this.
  7. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Love me some turkey hunting...

Would love to see a buck like that too lmao... i like others instantly zoomed in on the deer. Nice tom, but thats one super serious deer!

8. bear 1998

bear 1998

For all of you commenting on the buck....ill tell the story to all the ones goin to Dennis's gtg if you are interested...couple funny things happened (glad nobody was around to see it..:whistle:

Loon and hovlandhomestead like this.
  9. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I won't be able to make the GTG, but after the campfire premier at Dennis' I hope you will share the story here too:thumbs:

bear 1998 likes this.
  10. Loon

Loon

That there is one nice mounted room bear! :salute: Was stuck at work today but Mrs loon had around 2 dozen in the backyard this morning.:coldone:

[​IMG]

bear 1998 likes this.
  11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I’ll hold you too that...:D.... :handshake:...

bear 1998 likes this.