In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2018 & 2019 Firewood Work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Aug 24, 2018.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf and Ou812 like this.
  2. Ou812

Ou812

Yea stuff grew like weeds here. Almost nothing straight tho

Chaz and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good wood though, ours usually isn't very straight either.

Chaz and Ou812 like this.
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yes, once I get a few more things done around the house lot and get the stacking areas ready, I'll be c/s/s.

5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We decided not to put anymore money in the 310 since it's still having problems so my Christmas present came early, a new Stihl 311. Once I came home with it and read some of the manual, I went outside and cut up the maple in the picture.

Picture 9700 is the maple and 9701 is after I bucked it up, 9702 is another area I want cleaned up before winter and the last two are a topped off maple that I'll get.

Attached Files:

Chaz, Thor, Chazsbetterhalf and 3 others like this.
  6. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

No pictures of the saw???

7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'm not sure if I posted these pictures but it's in the new area I started a while back to keep snow in this winter, so far I'm liking the saw.

I have a few jobs that I'll do first and then start on the felling of the Ash.

Attached Files:

Chaz, Lone_Gun, Marvin and 2 others like this.
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Last winter when we received around 20 inches of snow overnight, this greeted us when we came through with the sleds. It's a Basswood mother nature put on the ground so I cleared it today.

Attached Files:

Chaz, Marvin and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

After I finished the Basswood, I cleared a trail to this downed Cherry, the trail had plenty of deep dips on one side so it needs some work. I still have some rounds back in there, the trail in a certain areas was tippy so I didn't load up the trailer on the side that had the bigger dips in it, I'll get the rest this coming week. I'm not sure what happened to the picture of the Cherry before I bucked it up but it's not on the card.

Picture 9719 is the trail I cleared of dead rotting wood,9720 is the Cherry bucked up,9721 is heading out, 9723 & 24 are the Tamaracks in the swamp and the last picture is the brook that runs through our property.

The Tamaracks are turning.

Attached Files:

Chaz, wheelhorseiron, Thor and 2 others like this.
  10. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I took six loads of leaves and put them in a low area off the driveway and then put four bucket loads of chips on top, hopefully I finish it off with some loads of sand or dirt.

Because of some possible heavy rains coming in later Tuesday, we put in two loads of pine this morning.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Chaz, Thor and Marvin like this.
  11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The rain held off long enough for me to split and stack two face cord.

I did a count of how much stacked firewood we have in inventory and came up with just over 56 face cord with another three or four that needs stacking. I have one area left that is open which can hold another 12 face cord, I'm hoping to get another eight face cord of ash before the snow gets deep.

Attached Files:

Marvin, Thor, Chaz and 1 other person like this.
  12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Today started with me cleaning up my next stacking area, I took two loads of pine needles and bark back to a low spot on our trails, pictures 9736 & 37. I do have it ready for four face cord.

I then checked the trails for anything down from the winds we had, I did see this Maple up on the hill, pictures 9738,39 & 40 are the Maple. The more I look at the buds, I'm pretty sure it's a Red Maple.

Attached Files:

Marvin and Chaz like this.