In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2 cords 3-6 mos old @$240/cord

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Doug MacIVER, Oct 20, 2014.

1. bigbarf48

bigbarf48

Sounds like a nice deal

2. Loon

Loon

Did ya get that load Doug?

3. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER

neighbor took it before I could get there, missed by 3 hrs. just like the lottery two out of three straight on the 3 number pick?!?

Loon likes this.
  4. Loon

Loon

Ya thats what usually happens to me on a great deal. :headbang::D

5. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER

Now I'm getting PO'd at the guy who sold me the short load all over again. As I said I was really pleased with the quality of the wood he had delivered, just the quantity was off. Well the quality is great. Started checking the moisture this week. Like whoa, a lot of it is already @ 15-20 % on the moisture meter. The stuff appears to be mostly white and red oak. the red soaked white ready to go. All this helps holding back on the Canawick brick to winter really arrives. As my old stuff dwindles I'm measuring splits on the new stuff. Sure wish he had delivered the 2 cord not the 1 1/2 . Winter will show up and I'm gonna need some decent splits. Look like a lot will come from my Oct.4th delivery. Dman it! have a day

Oh to the locals in SE Mass. He is back on Craig's list, if you buy make sure you get the quantity. Cannot say he didn't deliver some good quality wood.

6. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER

sad to say I'm still po'd at this guy. I can pick thru what he delivered Oct 4th and a lot of the stuff is 15-20% on the meter. pretty easy to pick out. if he only had delivered what was promised, his quality is a+.

Loon and HDRock like this.
  7. swags

swags Moderator

That sucks man, I know a few other people on here have been shorted too. Only way to truly know is to stack and measure.

I just sold a load of wood the other day and from a selling standpoint it would be really easy to short the buyers. ,they don't look just pile it up. Hate to say it but there are a lot of sellers that will talk advantage of that.

Drvn4wood likes this.
  8. Machria

Machria

In addition, I could see a seller "shorting" on accident. It's not an exact science, and they are usually loading from a pile, not a stack, and using dump trucks and/or bucket trucks to load and deliver... around here at least, they just eye ball the pile, sometimes it would be under, sometimes over.

swags likes this.