That's rough. We get strong winds here too but only occasionally. Do you leave your stacks to the mercy of the elements or do you have a roof over...
Nice hound, and I wonder if you have the last surviving Sega Genesis box in the entire country? :nerd: Reminds me of Christmas 1993!
36 dropping to the mid 20s by sunrise. Burning straight apple wood for the night shift. This stuff smells great when you’re outside downwind of...
Besides having a fetish for the variety of inventory I have, I am saving some choice pieces for a day real soon to have a “special” fire. I have...
It’s pretty much non existent here so there’s definitely an allure to it for me. With a little luck I’ll be growing some here in a couple months...
Oh stop! I’ll gladly co-sign your theory of the 27 feet of Seattling errr I mean rain we had this year ruining entire crops of firewood :handshake:
This slice traveled a long way from Iowa to get here to Connecticut, thanks to a fellow member here. I’ve got about 100 pounds of hedge now...
Ironwood is in a different family altogether. Osage Orange is in the Moraceae family alongside mulberry. Osage seems to grow fast, judging by the...
Are your pieces rounds with bark-on, or splits? One thing in my experience burning it is it likes a lot of air to get going, so typically I leave...
I’ve been burning it here sporadically this year. 90% of it burns great, but every once in a while I run into a piece that’ll get charred black on...
Hackberry. One wood that’s few and far between around here, and one that’s on my bucket list.
32/70 here. I just cleaned the ash from the stove and got a fire going with some apple, beech and black birch. It’s supposed to be a sloppy mess...
Lol I won’t dare touch a shady deal like that... especially if the husband happens to be carrying a firearm and comes home at the wrong moment :eek:
I think someone got caught red handed :whistle: WIFE CLEANING OUT MAN-CAVE! WIFE CLEANING OUT MAN-CAVE! - free stuff
I awoke to a frosty 13° and plenty of coals this morning. Another mixed load of birch, beech, and apple having a go at things today.
25 heading to the mid teens by sunrise. Going buffet style overnight tonight with a mix of apple, beech, black birch, yellow birch and black...
Right to left: black locust, honey locust, sugar maple.
The weather guessers as of right now are still predicting 1-3" of snow in my town. I know when I left my house an hour and a half ago, there was...
As Billy Mays said once or twice, “But wait, there’s more!” [MEDIA]
A very comfortable 30 outside right now. Currently burning 4 splits of chestnut oak and a thick split of 2 year old apple, air choked down and...