I need to be up there during the winter solstice. To look over the horizon where there is no discernible difference between Heaven and earth, and...
Mid 40s when I got up, projected high today of 65. Suffice to say, my stove's remaining idle. Plenty of solar gain to keep the house warm. Rain...
He only brought one saw with him that day, which happened to be his 450 Rancher. I offered him my little Stihl MS170 since what he was limbing was...
Second one resembles cherry, although it could be black birch as well. The heavy description fits. Usually cherry bark gets a little more scaly...
Nice score and at $100/cord you can't complain too much, as far as paying for firewood goes. What I want to know is how do you split 16 cords of...
I’ve found some really curly grain wood on trees that grew on hillsides and out in the open where the wind battered them.
Nice. I took a brief day trip through Sequoia National Park back in 2005. I remember the bark on those humongous trees felt soft and spongy to the...
Top cover only is the most popular method. You want to get the wood exposed to as much wind and sun as possible. Some would argue that woodpiles...
Oh yeah, and the one casualty on this job. Good old Murphy strikes again! I had dismantled my chain link fence knowing it would’ve gotten squashed...
Thanks all. I actually found all the bricks at the edge of the woods last winter. Someone had taken something down, hauled them away and just...
I wanted an eyesore there to mess with my OCD wife :cool: I knew no matter how much work I put into it, she would have nothing but negativity to...
When I extended my deck last summer, I brought it out to the edge of an existing concrete slab. That was all well and good, except for the fact...
One roadside log last year which ended up being a couple stove loads worth. Ended up mixing it a little at a time with other species. I would grab...
Don’t want to grab some of the more convenient pieces to at least try? Plenty members here have burned mountains of it. I’m sure it’ll be ready to...
34 at the moment with a mix of red maple, black birch and aspen in the stove. With a high of 45 projected, I think I’ll take the day off to work...
That’s exactly what I was thinking. It’s located in Cromwell in an area that was farmed extensively since Colonial times. With the stream flowing...
I s’pose I could buy that. What really floors me is that if I had one of these fancy stoves, I guess I could hoard a lot less, considering I...
I need to corner these people and learn their secrets to burning water. Clearly they’ve stumbled onto a new energy source that could change the...
If this is what I think it is, it’s outside its prominent range. This very large wolf tree is on a coworker’s land, way down in a marshy area. If...
I see what you're up to there, putting those long sticker pieces towards the top so that when you tarp it you have a bit of an overhang.. :thumbs: