Yeah reasonably sure it’s him anyway. The guy across the street from me burns but he’s halfway smart about good practices. There’s a neighbor...
I wasn’t going to make a jig but that’s a fantastic idea buZZsaw BRAD, thanks. I like working smarter and not harder.
I don’t believe so. I heard his wife is afraid of the fireplace. I think the culprit is on the next street up from me. This guy took a large...
I got the bulk of the yellow birch stacked this morning. The front row has all the silver maple from this score: Silver Lining Score I still have...
This makes me want to pick up my hoarding pace a little. Not in an entrepreneurial sense, but I know a few good people that have stoves or...
I’m no structural engineer but 9 piers on a 10 x 12 structure sounds like a pretty stout foundation.
Agreed, it’s not typical for the cherry I’ve gotten. I’m not convinced it’s black cherry, just some sort of cherry. Could be the location too....
Pretty smooth as a young tree then gets more furrowed as it gets older. The oldest and largest ones I’ve seen have bark that’s like armored...
36 with my new favorite go-to mix of black birch and aspen in the stove. Actually it’s just what’s staged in my racks by the house. I like to keep...
Another vote for cherry here. In the last picture, lower right hand corner look closely at the bark. You can see the remnants of the horizontal...
How many concrete blocks or piers is the shed sitting on? The more, the better to evenly distribute the weight obviously.
20% or less is the goal... and during a wet year like this that’s about as good as you’ll likely get it. Send it :yes:
They were too busy chasing down a bus packed with people fulfilling their civic duties.
I’m sitting on more than a cord of black birch for this season (with some yellow mixed in) and keep hankering for this ever elusive Sassy I have...
Good progress on the splitting today. I got the bulk of it done with the splitter, save for a handful of the larger nastier ones. The pallets are...
I uhhh... I dunno yet :D Maybe use some to frame out a woodshed, use the nicer pieces to frame a small deck for my pool.
buZZsaw BRAD strikes again with his random acts of kindness. He took down an old deck for a customer and generously offered me a bunch of the PT...
X2. There's a rather large one at the bottom of my road pushing about 20" DBH but that seems to be an outlier. Most of the ones I've seen were...
[ATTACH]
It’s been a lousy year for drying wood here in Connecticut, that’s for sure. I have plenty of wood that’s 20% MC or less but I don’t think it’s...