Lol what highway?!?! Seems like the state is cutting roadside every year now. Last place I saw a while back was by the bridge in Middletown. The...
I pushed the smoldering hemlock back and added a piece of quaking aspen. Now we’re getting somewhere :thumbs: [ATTACH]
I’ve been feeding the stove mostly black birch all day today and saw it was a good time to burn the coals down. I grabbed a barkless split of...
I wonder what their thought process is. Do they figure a cord of wood is about $300, so that’s what they should get for allowing someone the...
Agreed. A couple winters ago it was a mild year and I burned sugar maple almost exclusively. Once I got a decent bed of coals going, I could feed...
It’s interesting that sycamore is rated as high as it is. I’ve heard splitting it can be a pain which doesn’t bother me, but also that it leaves a...
Beech had me opening windows when I first loaded up the stove with it. Similar results with hickory. I never ran a full load of 100% hickory, nor...
Looks like a little white pine, plus some I’m not familiar with. Maybe Scotch or Jack. Either way, your saw will rip through those logs quickly,...
8 trees for $1100 sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Had you done it yourself and things took a turn for the worse, the ambulance ride alone...
Remember that lunar eclipse we had on November 19th? I tried to take a picture of it at 5am but it came out like garbage. However I just noticed...
I agree 100%. Whoever had this house before me put the exhaust system in that room, and installed the switch near the ceiling where I need a step...
Exhaust fan for sucking the hot air from the stove room and forcing it upstairs.
Our tree topper went kaput last year and we haven’t gone out to get a new one yet. I came home today and my 7 year old son was complaining that...
Presently a breezy 37, with a projected low of 27. Beating a dead horse here with my fall 2021 mix of black birch and aspen, with a single red oak...
If a snake oil salesman of a firewood seller cuts wood on March 19th, sells it on June 22nd, and throws salt and pepper on it is he technically...
Calling fox9988
I seem to remember hearing whispers a long time ago about CIA agents being tangled in drug smuggling throughout Central and South America....
It's how groupthink starts. Show a Rorschach inkblot test to someone and ask them if they see a horse. Chances are they might agree with you....
This one's a little more realistic. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Here's a really crude scenario using 12" rounds. The representation in the lower right corner is the proof in the pudding. Bear in mind these are...