Man that's chilly! (for a living space) Although when I used to work on things in the garage during the winter I'd be thrilled when the space...
Nice! Those things definitely crank. A buddy of mine made one a few years back and I think the only problem he had was that over time, the drum...
I think I’ll give it a go. I’ve got a fan, a box that should fit the bill, and all I’ll have to buy are the filters. Why not? Thank you gentlemen...
That’s been my MO for the most part. Open the bypass damper and wait a minute. Crack the door a hair and wait some more. Then slowly open it all...
My stove drafts reasonably well. I even had the local distributor come out last year to check it on a 30 degree day and it passed muster. I hear...
The apple is nice. So far I’ve thrown in a couple splits here and there mixed with other stuff. I think it goes to the coaling stage rather...
I went through my first half a face cord of black birch under my deck. Nice stuff and all, and I’ve got plenty more to go through, but it’s time...
billb3 is this more your style? [MEDIA] Because I listen to everything from Buddy Guy to Nine Inch Nails :)
The first time I heard this was in the cult classic motocross video Crusty Demons of Dirt. Every time I hear it I get brought back to the 90s and...
I thought so too. Here’s a large one I found recently: [ATTACH] Any leaves by yours? It definitely looks like white oak family with that...
I haven’t cut one open yet, but the bark resembles swamp white oak.
A beautiful 32 with light snow falling. Fall shoulder season round 4 is coming up in a couple days :hair: Currently burning a mix of black birch...
Man you’ve really got a knack for stepping in it. Look at all those beautiful straight logs with no crotches! Before my locust mania affliction,...
The other night I kind of overdid it loading the stove and the house went up around 80 degrees. My 7 year old just had to have chicken nuggets but...
Remember last year? At least here in Southern New England we had a warm December. I remember last year cutting fallen trees with my uncle mid...
No experience here, but a quick internet search led to plenty of interesting pictures. I've never seen such a thing before. I know finding used...
I seem to remember vague tales of being put in Krampus' sack and being hauled off with the other bad kids. Then again it's possible that memory is...
I’ve seen red maple bark do that on the most ancient trees. Silver likes sandy riverbanks and low flood plains in the wild. I’ll lean towards red...
It’s 34 outside with the temperature rising overnight to above 40 by sunrise. Highs tomorrow in the mid 50s :hair: Currently burning down a pile...
Right off River Road in Middletown. There’s quite a bit of it down that way, and off route 9 in that general area. Pioneer weed tree. They grow...