It sounds like this guy doesn’t give a hoot if all these trees rot at the bottom of the pond he’s building. If you already have connections for...
41 and I’m burning like it’s 21. At least later tonight it’ll get below freezing again, finally. Burning a mix of white, red and chestnut oak....
Give him nothing but limb wood and thin bark-on splits too :whistle:
20 cords is a LOT of wood. What happens if he wants it done in a time frame where you’ve got to work like a madman every day for 2-3 weeks...
If you’ve got to cut them up, split them, stack them on your (and his) property... I dunno. I’d walk away from that deal. Sounds to me like you’ll...
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Everybody's exacerbating the problem. But speaking for myself, I have yet to hear any news or see any...
There's quite a few like that around here too. It's just evidence that an area was logged in the past. Singular trees were cut close to ground...
I always thought war would be the catalyst for the kinds of things we're seeing now. Finally waking people up to our over reliance on global...
Drooling over here :drool: I’ve got a little chestnut oak in the stove right now as a matter of fact, and wish I had more! You’re making me want...
Currently 45 but somehow feels colder. I’m using up some small skinny splits of red oak and chestnut oak. [ATTACH]
[MEDIA]
Awesome, I’ll buy the cherry conclusion. Here’s a picture of some black cherry I cut in October 2020. You can see the horizontal lines running...
Ya just had to go there, huh?! BUT... it’s only firewood if I burn it right? If I were to use it all for projects then it’s just wood. Which by...
I should go up here next fall and see if I can score a couple “monkey balls” and extract the seeds to plant more :D...
There’s at least one Osage in Connecticut that I know of... a large one up in Enfield. jo191145 is your compound surrounded by an impenetrable...
I’ve seen those lines in cherry too...
That’s exactly what I was thinking. It looks like Black locust wood encased in Mulberry bark. I guess Mulberry and Osage are in the same family,...
Burn most of it except for the largest 2 pieces, of which I’ve got some loose plans for woodworking projects with.
Several weeks back member JimBear and I exchanged PMs regarding a firewood barter. Here in Connecticut, I have no access to Osage Orange, and...
[ATTACH] This grain says maple to me. But the way those rounds on the ground look, it screams dead oak with the sapwood rotted off. How about a...