The more the haters bloviate on and on about it, the deeper my affection grows for it. ;) Some have experienced clinkers in their stove after...
39/72 with a couple gnarly chunks of boxelder on a small bed of this morning’s locust coals.
“They” can tell the color of your eyes from space so I’m sure somebody is keeping tabs on every stick you pile up ;)
That looks identical to the one I rented from Home Depot in the summer of 2020. Super easy to use. Having zero experience running heavy equipment,...
What we have here is a friendly forum where we can share knowledge, experiences, advice and a little humor concerning wood heat, DIY projects,...
A beautiful, comfortably cool 30 degrees outside. Black locust shorties with one token split of elm from last year’s stacks that somehow evaded...
It got down to 18 this morning, and I can't remember a time when I was happier to see the thermometer drop into the teens for the first time in a...
30, breezy and partly cloudy. Supposed to drop to 19 by dawn. Black locust and red oak working the afternoon shift.
I posted both American and Chinese for comparison. What Brad found is definitely Asian chestnut, which I believe to be Chinese (There are Japanese...
Normally glossy from the top and generally thicker.
I'm not sure about the firewood value. I'm sure it'll work fine for shoulder season. If it's anything like American chestnut it'll light easy and...
I think I see a leaf in one of your pictures. The Chinese leaves have a finer serration and aren't as hooked as American, and have a shinier...
American chestnut burs. I noticed the spines are finer than those on their Asian cousins. [ATTACH]
Walnuts and butternuts have a smooth green husk surrounding a hard pit. Chestnuts and Chinquapins have spiny husk that open in the fall, releasing...
Definitely chestnut, bark looks Chinese
37 with a dreary rain/snow mix that’ll last until tomorrow morning. Currently burning red and chestnut oak skinnies that are well into the coaling...
I’m definitely going to grow these in 2022! [MEDIA]
Firewood Lumber: PT/untreated Hardware: screws/nuts/bolts/nails Metal: steel/aluminum Pallets Books
55 at the moment and looks like it’ll stay that way until late afternoon tomorrow. The stove is idle but loaded with red oak for when the...
Heck of a deal in my eyes, if you’re going after the more sizable ones. A 2’ diameter tree will yield a cord+. $10 per cord is a steal!