You said you found metal 7-7.5’ (feet) into the trunk. Did you mean inches? (“) Or 7 feet up the trunk from the base? If you meant 7” in, that’s...
I noticed I get a lot more efficient burn running N/S. Better airflow to the far end of the splits as they slowly break down, or so I assume. I...
Thanks for your perspective and experience Ralphie Boy . FWIW, I would’ve marched alongside you to protest the Vietnam war (had I been around back...
[ATTACH]
If I had access to slab wood I wouldn’t hesitate to split it into kindling. At least the fast drying cherry and ash.
Give it a shot. I know red oak is king for a lot of people and I’ve burned some in the past that I still tear up over. :tears: However, once you...
Now now we mustn’t jump to conclusions here. If the smoke coming from the chimney smelled like patchouli and granola then maybe the case could be...
Have you been wowed by your black locust experience or is it kind of so-so for you?
That screw looks like it was one of millions drove into trees all over the country on April 22, 1970 during the first Earth Day. The hive mind...
Spruce is the black locust of the hour, because after an hour you’ll have to reload :)
It was 4 at the house this morning, and warming up nicely now. Currently 21 with a high of 27 projected. Spruce is the weapon of choice today,...
16/72 with a forecasted wake up temperature of 7. Stove is loaded for the night with red oak and black locust, air choked almost all the way down....
I don’t have a cat stove but I’m believing more and more that I can easily bake everybody out of the house even on lesser woods. I just reloaded...
21 here which is as warm as it’s going to get until sometime tomorrow. I’m home on quarantine so just keeping the stove fed a little at a time....
Good to hear you made it past the worst of it. It went through my house in March of 2020. Now just today I found out I’ve got it again, along with...
In a way I'm surprised I haven't burned more. Granted I didn't start until November 5th, and the weather was mild until almost Christmas. Now in a...
Light snow and bottomed out for the night here at a mild 28 degrees. I’ve got a large split of hemlock sitting on a deep bed of various hardwood...
I clean my chimney every year at the end of September before burning season starts. Last year I ended up with about a good handful of creosote....
Is that all from that grapple load you picked up last year?
Market is down around 3% today.... so far.