37 here and rising. I may not have to even light the stove in the morning o_O Currently just stirring the coal bed occasionally, trying to get...
I’m sure somebody would be interested in working with some. Yeah I don’t know about staining it just yet, but I do have some linseed oil...
Alright guys, this is child’s play here but it’s a little out of the ordinary so I figured I’d share. I have a knack for finding surviving...
I'd love to build one sometime this spring, but I think I'll fill the center with wood that's already dry. The good part of building them (besides...
Warm night here at 30 degrees. Looks like we’re finally getting a break for the next couple days with daytime highs around 40. Got some apple,...
Interesting for sure. I had a hard time following him though because I kept wondering if he was somehow related to Ted Cruz :confused:
One more vote for porcupine. Do you have any fisher cats in your area? They keep the porcupines in check.
It’s 25 here and they’re expecting it to drop to around 10 by dawn. I’ve got a couple nice knotty splits of spruce burning down some deep coals...
10 degrees here dropping close to zero again by morning. I’m definitely getting used to these temperatures because early this afternoon when it...
Sounds about right. Ash is one heck of an insulator. You think you let it sit long enough, but once you stir it up and the air hits the embers...
Cool gimmick and all, but I’m not too fond of holes in my pocket and a keychain full of lint :picard:
Looks good Mike :yes: That’s a lot of snow to push around. We had it easy here in central Connecticut. If I got 7” here at home I’d be surprised....
[ATTACH] It’s a little brisk on the backside of the storm this morning. Apple and beech keeping us warm.
Somebody is probably burning that right now, snot spewing out of the ends, smoke billowing out of the chimney. Wife is cursing Frank the husband...
Wow. You offered him a more than generous deal. :hair: That’s his loss. My policy is to help someone as much as I can without putting myself out,...
Snowing steadily, stiff breeze, 19 and dropping. Apple, beech and black locust getting the house back up to temperature.
Oh sorry no Canuck here, although I do have some Québécois way back in my family :emb: I’m just showing some solidarity for that convoy descending...
[ATTACH] Black birch on the left, gray birch on the right. There’s white birch mixed within this forest too, and some yellow down in the...
My ten year old wanted to get out of the house today so a hike was in order. I decided to take him somewhere neither of us had been before. State...
28 with light snow for the next few hours. Supposed to be a big storm later on tonight through tomorrow. Anywhere from 0.001” to 27’ of snow. :D...