34 and holding steady. Burning black locust just so I won’t have to reload for a while.
23 here but it’s not supposed to drop much further overnight. More snow on the way tomorrow, followed by a warming trend. Right now I’m burning up...
That's a mean looking splitter! Rugged as all heck :thumbs: Welcome, I live in Bristol CT and often visit my buddy in Prospect who lives right off...
That should be a real treat to burn. Last winter I had acquired some 4 year old red oak from a buddy who was moving and let me raid his older...
I noticed in the last couple weeks when we had a good stretch of cold weather, that the loudest trees in my backyard were the hickories right over...
It was 8° when I got up this morning. Nice quiet, bright sunny day here in southern New England. The house is nice and warm from a mix of beech,...
19 right now, dropping to 9 by morning. Looks like it’ll be the last of the cold weather for a while here. I’ve got a mix of black locust and...
I always go by the golden ratio. Divine mathematics is paramount here. I'll split a piece height wise, then keep planing the width down until it's...
19° outside, 72° inside with the firebox full of apple and beech.
Pretty mild here. Black birch and apple getting it done. [ATTACH]
That's funny :rofl: :lol: I never tried it strangely enough. Started with Camel Snus years ago, for situations where I couldn't sneak out for a...
Can't go wrong with the Torx set either :yes:
I haven't chewed Red Man in almost 10 years, but now I want to get a bag just to hang on to before they're all gone. :)
Where there's a will there's a way :thumbs: [ATTACH]
I just checked my regular supplier for heating oil and he's up to $3.38/gallon. Yesterday he was $3.30, and all last week he was $3.14. When I...
A little change of pace. https://youtu.be/OOmoRkLonRE
I bought a similar set of Bondhus wrenches like that in 2001, and still use them every week :thumbs:
Hang in there. You're not the only one that one day woke up in a parallel universe where everything is... different. My rule of thumb is if a...
Same family as oaks. The wood doesn't have the same character though without medullary rays. It's a lot lighter than oak and supposedly a lot...
Looks like a soft wood. Spruce or white pine?