47 this morning, rising another 10 or so degrees later today. Got to love the month of Apriluary :) The furnace can deal with these temperatures....
3 trash cans full sounds like a luxury problem to me :rofl: :lol: I love having a nice pile of splitter trash like that for kindling. Every year I...
39 and slowly rising. Spruce is on duty tonight.
2 years ago the eco chamber's favorite 2-word catchphrase was "Draconian Measures". Now their new pet is "Saber Rattling".
12 here with beech and mulberry throwing the heat this morning.
Somebody, somewhere is building an Excel spreadsheet right now. They just added the column where you can input your kerf width. They’re mulling...
Yep, sassafras it is. Spicy, citrusy smell.
5 above zero and it looks to be the last of the single digits for the season. Black Locust and beech this morning. [ATTACH]
I believe so. Tons of it in that area. The lower trunk has heavy furrows when it gets older but the bark on the limbs and canopy has that classic...
First comes the paperwork. From there he gets to talking with all sorts of different characters. Before you know it the union moves in and you’re...
Great to have plenty in the house ready to go, especially when you’re feeling like garbage. Take care of yourself and the family the best you can,...
Bigtooth Aspen. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I saw a couple at my local Home Depot last week. According to their website they still have a few in stock.
I agree, and I'm not 100% sold on the sassafras anymore. There's a stand of bigtooth aspen not far from where I'm at that I'm going to take...
Ahh I see what you're driving at. If the bark at the top of the crown gets really smooth and changes to a lighter gray then it could be bigtooth...
13 at home this morning. Stove is chewing through some mulberry, beech and red maple. Another warmup is on the way. [ATTACH]
I agree that the bark somewhat resembles chestnut oak, but the form of the trunk and shape of the canopy says sassafras. That’s a good size one too.
26 and snowing hard when I got up, which was a shock to the system after being sunny and almost 60 yesterday. Back to burning again with mostly...
Where I found it did have some small sprouts, which is what caught my attention. At first I thought it was oak though. I checked the end and there...
This was the first old chestnut limb I found last month. You can see how the center is hollow. Not enough solid wood there to be worth cutting up,...